exhaust ideas? needed - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
exhaust ideas? needed
Sunday, December 02, 2007 8:02 PM
basically like it says, i need so ideas on an exhaust set-up, i want it to be noticeable but not horribly annoyingly loud....honestly i love the deep exhaust sounds...even tho its "ricer" but it always seems to loud...but i wanted to see what u all thought on ideas...im open to anything right now so help is needed

Re: exhaust ideas? needed
Sunday, December 02, 2007 8:04 PM
Look into a Dynomax superturbo muffler or a Borla Pro XS muffler and resonate it and throw a nice looking exhaust tip on there.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, December 02, 2007 9:31 PM
iight, ya thats wat i was thinking, i mean my parents r doin it for my xmas, so i just and get it so its a good deal lol

Monday, December 03, 2007 5:03 PM
Magnaflow stainless steel muffler with tip, sounds great, looks good..

My CarDomain!!! --- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543660
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 4:55 AM
is that the oval body style or the actaul muffler style (stock look)...because ive tried alot on this car as far as exhaust and it always seems to be too loud if its the oval/round body style

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 9:43 PM
yea lefix about those magnaflow do you know any good sites were i could get ood deals or anyhing im going for the lower sound to? i have a 98 cav 2.2l

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 10:08 AM
ok ne other input, im also thinking about duals, ik ik it'll weigh the car blah blah blah, im not goin for racing so its not an issue, also whats got how would i put this "fart can" it terms of sound, not to loud, but enuff, also what kind of resonator should i use?

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 10:20 AM
Personally if I could redo mine, I would have dual mufflers with resonators and double-flanged cats, it wouldn't be cheap and it'd be hard to get it to flow right, but it'd sound/look awesome.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 1:22 PM
yea ive done my exhaust twice and ive never been able, well not been able, just no patience to do a dual, so now im goin to bring it to a shop tell them what i want and bring a muffler of my choice , or muffler(s) but back to that, and idea on muffler choice

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 5:01 PM
I have the Magnoflow Round muffler in 2 1/4" x 26" long with a side exit right behind my door. Very mellow at idle and "IMO" nice sounding all the way through redline. The only time the sound is annoying to me is right around 2700 rpm the pitch just hits me wrong. I've never had a complaint about the sound but I have had some compliments. I have had really good luck with "Performance Peddler" on Ebay for all of my exhaust stuff, very good prices and excellent customer service.

Mike
"information is All Powerfull"
Wednesday, December 05, 2007 8:39 PM
thanks man for the info, ya im thinking about that, im prolly gonna go stock piping, just cuz im not performance minded, and then a resonator, and then pick the mufflers, but have it done at a local shop, just because me+clamps= headaches and a p*ssed off day doin it haha

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search