Help with motor mount removal - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help with motor mount removal
Saturday, December 01, 2007 10:21 AM
Im trying to get to my cams so im in the process of removing all the interfering parts. but im stuck with the motor mount. i have tried lifting and lowering the engine and i just cant get it to line up with the holes they are supposed to back into.

is there some trick to getting it just right?
or like an perfect spot to put the jack to get it at the right angle?

also i have tried to just jack it all the way up and take them out the top. but i wind up lifting the car before i get the bolts high enough

z24 - CAI - Magnaflow Cat - PaceSetters
--exhaust and unorthadox pulley soon

Re: Help with motor mount removal
Saturday, December 01, 2007 6:55 PM
Your talking about the mount that is on the side of the timing HOUSING COVER right? The one that is held in by the 3 long bolts?

If so you gotta just keep jacking the motor up as far as you think and get it just right to get those bolts in and out.. Ive done it soo many times and always have done it that way.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Saturday, December 01, 2007 10:13 PM
ya those are the ones
ive jacked it up and down like crazy but i just cant get them right. if i look at the bolts in refrence to the holes it doesnt even look like they are the same distance appart so even if i line up one i dont think the other will match

could that be because i have an 1999 engine in my 97 bay? were the mounts changed?
are you jacking from the oil pan or from the trans?
it looks like my engine is too far to the rear also; like its shifted a little. I can get it all the way above a below it but the bolt is always too far to the back

Sunday, December 02, 2007 8:14 AM
you should be jacking it from the oil pan. Just make sure you put a piece of wood on top of the jack so you don't screw up your oil pan. I've had trouble lining mine up too but you just got to keep jacking it up.

Sunday, December 02, 2007 11:29 AM
Yeah put a block of wood between the jack and the oil pan..

Also, grab a long pry bar and have someone help you pry the engine towards the drivers side while your access the 3 bolts.. I forgot to mention that before but that helps alot when you need that extra clearance getting the bolts in and out..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, December 02, 2007 12:19 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Yeah put a block of wood between the jack and the oil pan..

Also, grab a long pry bar and have someone help you pry the engine towards the drivers side while your access the 3 bolts.. I forgot to mention that before but that helps alot when you need that extra clearance getting the bolts in and out..

X2 Pry bar is what helped me but I jacked the motor up from the lower mount

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, December 02, 2007 8:37 PM
k ill try it with the pry bar next weekend. sucks only being able to work one day a week...

Monday, December 03, 2007 7:35 PM
It really really really helps of you have an adjustable lever to change the angle of the motor like this one... well worth the money

http://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDisplay.cfm?lookup=WLMW41030&source=froogle&kw=WLMW41030

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search