Intake question pls help - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Intake question pls help
Saturday, December 01, 2007 4:41 AM
Just picked up an aftermarket intake made for a z24 the other day and had a quick question. I have a 2003 sunfire (ecotec) and the stock intake set up has the temp. sensor and there is another cable/wire thingy on the tube also. Just wondering if this is a vacume line or something else? The z24 intake doesn't have a hole in it for this line. What should I do with this line?

Thanks for the help

Re: Intake question pls help
Saturday, December 01, 2007 9:35 AM
I had the same thing. It's a vacuum line if I remember correctly. Check below the throttle body, there should be a small nub you can plug it into. I've heard there's no harm in leaving it just hanging, but I put it on the nub because I'm OCD like that. If you can't find it for some reason, I'll get some pictures for you when I can.

Saturday, December 01, 2007 2:36 PM
thanks pics would be awesome

Saturday, December 01, 2007 7:47 PM
the temp sensor i dont even have hooked up. the other one if its a tube should be a vac line. you could but a breather on if you want. i think it looks better

Sunday, December 02, 2007 3:18 AM
Its not the hose that comes from the valve cover. I think its connected to something in by the fuel rail? I know the temp sensor and the hose that comes from the valve cover, not sure what the other line is at all.

Sunday, December 02, 2007 7:29 AM
attach everything you take off... its on there for a reason. use this to tap the intake and get your fittings on there fo the hoses and such.

http://www.spectreperformance.com/#CATALOG.8711

1997 RedR - ZedR
Monday, December 03, 2007 6:47 AM
I found a picture of the eco engine with the line im trying to describe. They say a picture is worth a thousand words! Heres the pic of the line im trying to describe (http://www.fieroturbo.suprememotorsports.com/ecotec.JPG) its in the bottom left corner of the pic.

Thanks

Monday, December 03, 2007 8:12 AM
just tap the intake and place a fitting on it...

if you read the link i placed in your other thread asking if it would fit in the first place, you would have seen this post...

Daniel (05 Cav) wrote:
Matt wrote:did that bomz intake come with everything proper to the ld9? like, hole and grommet for iat, and the pcv(damn is that right? head hurts after i get outta college and i can't remember sometimes)

Yes it came with everything for the ld9 (see pic below). I do have plans to add a K&N filter. In the long run its still cheaper to do this instead of the $150.00 for a AEM intake, and with the money I saved, I may buy a B&M Shift Plus

you also would have seen in this picture

and this picture

that the very same line you are asking about is attached to the intake. drill a hole and tap the intake to fit that line.

1997 RedR - ZedR
Monday, December 03, 2007 9:19 AM
Hey, thanks for all the help i did see those pics and i planned on attaching that line but was curious as to the purpose of it and what its called. Is this the same line that can be attached below the TB?

Monday, December 03, 2007 10:02 AM
the ones thats below the throtle body might be the MAP sensor vacuum line. this line in question is a seperate vacuum line.

1997 RedR - ZedR
Monday, December 03, 2007 11:07 AM
666 night rider (TGM) wrote:the temp sensor i dont even have hooked up. the other one if its a tube should be a vac line. you could but a breather on if you want. i think it looks better

the temp sensor should be in the pipe since it controls spark retard if it registers too much heat (the intake tract is cooler than ambient engine bay air) so.. yea.. you might wanna do something about that. plug it in, and put it back in the pipe.

to the OP:
so far as the hose, that is for the PCV system. you can plug the hole on the intake (disregard in your case since you don't have this hole) and put a breather filter on the valve cover.

also, make sure you hook up the Fuel Pressure Regulator (the small thing with the itty bitty hose coming off it on the drivers side of the fuel rail) to a vacuum source or else you're going to have problems.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search