Suggestions - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suggestions
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:34 PM
What do you guys think is a good cat back setup for a 2.2l ecotec. Looking to piece one together from ebay so if you have part numbers you can include them. I'm looking for a nice clean deep sound nothing ricey.

Thanks

Re: Suggestions
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:55 AM
any should work it all depends on what you want it to sound like, i got mine for my ln2 that is basically a custom bent and made 2 1/4 with a magnaflow on it and it sounds pretty decent with mine try and look around for local exhaust shops that do mandrel bending, mine was 300 bucks with the muffler, custom welded and custom mounted check that out first but heard the sounds of different jbody's with mufflers on you tube to decide how you want it to sound

Drive Fast Take Chances
http://billstclair.com/blog/images/fukitol.jpg
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 11:45 AM
magnaflow makes a nice cat back. cant go wrong with custom exhaust though. if your NA then stick with 2.25" if your using boosted appllications then a 2.5"or 3" is recommended for optimum performance. hope this helps

Shado
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 12:54 PM
Thanks for the replies. What do you think an oval magnaflow muffler would sound like on the stock pipe?

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 1:01 PM
well it would sound alright but its not good because you increase backpressure and actually lose power ive heard. I have the magnaflow wide open and i just have it on there til i get my 3" custom. it sounds nice and if ur okay with a little power loss go for it.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 5:47 PM
Look for clips on the vibrant cat back. They are great if you can still find one! 300 bucks free ship from neverenoughauto.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search