whats better? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
whats better?
Monday, November 26, 2007 4:23 PM
whats better msd or nology wires?

Re: whats better?
Monday, November 26, 2007 5:48 PM
wires=wires honestly.

unless you have like a msd ignition box or something, then you need beefier wires. aftermarket ignition boxes will fry pep-boys brand wires.

but if you are talking about from a hp producing standpoint, its all the same. don't belive the hype. of course x brand wire makes you go faster when you are replacing factory wires with 70,000 miles on them.

know what I mean

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.
Monday, November 26, 2007 6:46 PM
I have heard the nology wires are not good and people have had issues with cross fire and shorts. Id personally go with the msd wires
Monday, November 26, 2007 6:58 PM
do not buy nology, they are garbage and have been show to do more bad then good.

anythign ignition related you can't go wrong with MSD

Monday, November 26, 2007 7:36 PM
i'd go oem replacement before nology

Monday, November 26, 2007 8:16 PM
lol ok cause i was going to get the msd rotar cap and all the other good stuff this payday...how hard is it to put in the cam?
Monday, November 26, 2007 8:19 PM
I run autolite wires. They seem to do the job.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Monday, November 26, 2007 8:25 PM
what msd rotor and cap? our cars dont have distributors.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 3:26 AM
lol i am not talking about our cars.....i have a trans am i am starting to fix up thats y i am asking....the z24 is my everyday driver car...i have a 96 trans am that i wanna fix up thats y i ask the questions
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:54 AM
David Tyler wrote:lol i am not talking about our cars.....i have a trans am i am starting to fix up thats y i am asking....the z24 is my everyday driver car...i have a 96 trans am that i wanna fix up thats y i ask the questions

try asking in the other cars forum, or sign up on a different website

this is J-body.org not F-body.com

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:38 AM
well i do have a trans am.......made by CHEVY.....lol hahah still got the better wires

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 12:47 PM
David Tyler wrote:well i do have a trans am.......made by CHEVY.....lol hahah still got the better wires

good for you.. but uh.. the trans am is made by pontiac, not chevy..

yea its still GM and everything but...

<sigh>

F'in noob.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:14 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) - APU wrote:
David Tyler wrote:well i do have a trans am.......made by CHEVY.....lol hahah still got the better wires

good for you.. but uh.. the trans am is made by pontiac, not chevy..

ahhhh hahahahahahah oh thats good

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:58 PM
Wow, easy on the attitude- no offence but just help the guy out. Everyone starts out as a noob

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 2:16 PM
if you plan on running headers on it.. don't get msd's they suck.. the headers will melt them quick if there 2 close

i got a set of jacobs wires.. on my 78 z28.....they ahve ceramic ends for the spark plugs... cant melt those!!!!

and i had seen no difference from them when i pulled off the MELTED msd's..

same thing on my dads 77 chevy van.. put headers melted wires..

same thing on my dads 82 corvette.... he had the Acell 300+.. which i would take over the msd's any day... but they melted too.. AND he went to the ceramic ends.. had for 2 years on all cars.. not a single melt..

its 100 bucks for the wires for a 8 cyl.. do you searching thats what i got them for 2 years ago..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search