2.2l pulleys - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2l pulleys
Sunday, November 18, 2007 9:15 AM
Are there any Performance pulleys for the 2.2l OHV, All I've found are pulleys for the 2.4

Also, about how much HP do headers really put?

Re: 2.2l pulleys
Sunday, November 18, 2007 10:19 AM
There are some pullys for the 2.2 ohv. RKSport makes one, and there should be a group purchase for some made by a member here in the next couple of months. A header is only as good as the other mods you have. If you have an intake and cat-back, a header will add more power then it would by its self. Its different engine. If you have a lot of head work, intake, larger throtle body, and a catback, a header would probably add as much as 10hp (Thats just a guess, don't flame me).
Sunday, November 18, 2007 10:38 AM
Of all the bolt ons that I did, the header was the one that felt like it gave the most gain.

I do have a ported/shaved head with +1mm valves, which made the car noticibly quicker, but I dont count that as a "bolt on".

Hard to say how many HP it gives tho. lol not enough
Sunday, November 18, 2007 1:51 PM
I have a cold air intake, and exhaust muffler and took off the resinator, and NKG iriduim spark plugs....

Do u know where I can find the pulleys?

Another question....today I just heard about the electric supercharger, that supposly does work......true or flase?
Sunday, November 18, 2007 5:15 PM
no....
Sunday, November 18, 2007 5:18 PM
lol dont bother "electronic" boost of any kind. waste of time/money/space

PM sent about the pulley. A pulley anyhow.
Monday, November 19, 2007 4:21 AM
I hope to have 2.2 pulleys soon......but soon seems to mean TAKES @!#$ FOREVER.
The alternator pulleys I sell fit just fine.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 9:19 AM
Hello, according to rk sport web page that pulley works for 2.2 engine since 1995 models only. Mine is 1992 but I have read that engines are the same, so the pulley will work right?
Thanks in advance.

Sidney
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 10:49 AM
The electric supercharger is completely bogus unless you're building it yourself (leaf blowers have been proven to work as funny as that may sound). For the header, it is dependent on your setup, the aforementioned figure of 10hp would be to the wheels (so about 20hp at the crank, granted most don't care about that, but its a useful thing to know).

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 11:21 AM
If you make 20 at the crank and you get 10 at the wheels. That = 50% drive train loss. Most front wheel drive 5spd cars have an 18% drivetrain loss and most automatic front wheel drives have close to a 24% loss. Even AWD automatics don't suffer a 50% drivetrain loss.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 2:35 PM
fast forward performance use to make an underdrive pulley for the 2.2L. i go one just in time. the results are a very noticeable when i added the UDP along with a pacesetter header and a full 2.25inch exhaust all the way back, and a cold air intake. the car felt very quicker than it was stock. the FFP UDP claims to add 8hp.

Brandon

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 2:50 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:If you make 20 at the crank and you get 10 at the wheels. That = 50% drive train loss. Most front wheel drive 5spd cars have an 18% drivetrain loss and most automatic front wheel drives have close to a 24% loss. Even AWD automatics don't suffer a 50% drivetrain loss.

Where did you find that info? I've always wondered what the exact amount was (my guess was that it is to some extent variable).

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 6:02 PM
brandon johnson wrote:fast forward performance use to make an underdrive pulley for the 2.2L. i go one just in time. the results are a very noticeable when i added the UDP along with a pacesetter header and a full 2.25inch exhaust all the way back, and a cold air intake. the car felt very quicker than it was stock. the FFP UDP claims to add 8hp.

Brandon

Hi, FastFwdPerformance seems to be out of the market, so the 1995 pulley will work?. Thanks.
Sidney
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 6:28 PM
ok i dont see any pullies for the 2200 anywhere on rksport website ... and i wood love one

IF YOUR GONNA GO DOWN ... THEN GO DOWN IN FLAMES
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 6:59 PM
I have a RSM pulley I am selling for the 2200. I sent you a PM. Check Z-spec.com. I think it's the old RSM racing.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 7:24 PM
wow that z-spec site had a few good parts for my 2200 like the tb i couldn't find anywhere else

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 9:15 PM
What about the 1992 2.2 ? Thanks. Sidney
Wednesday, January 02, 2008 11:43 PM
This oughta help you guys out: STS (Sport Truck Specialties) Performance has pulleys for both the 2.2 & 2200! Yes they will work on your app even thou they're from a sport-truck company, because after having looked over the differences onthe same engine in different apps I've found that aside from coolant inlets/outlets & belt-driven accessories (and a few anciliary sensors for a special apps management like low oil level sensor) they're the same engine! Just minor differences in tuning program in the computer make the difference in power numbers for each app, that's all! So the pulleys for the truck app will bolt-on the same engine weather it's in a J-body, a FWD Century sedan, N-body or a GM10 platform car (Corsica, Beretta, FWD Regal, Achieva)! Whaddaya say, worth a shot?

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:05 AM
IMO, I would wait on -MD-LD9's pulleys. If you can't wait Summit Racing has the ASP Crank Pulley which I have. It says for '95-'97, but after looking up the GM part numbers for -MD-LD9, the '95-'97 and the '98+ have the same part numbers. We did some photo comparisons of the stock pulleys also and the pictures were the same and the stamping numbers were the same. We're pretty confident the pulleys are the same for the differing model years beginning with '95 and later.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 8:04 AM
I agree that most of the 95-02 are the same, but I have seen pictures of a one piece, and a two piece design. I'll be offering the two piece design. I have only seen one picture of a one piece ln2 crank. But we do not know if it was off a j-body ln2 or from a truck ln2....and I can not find the @!#$ picture of it in my email.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, January 03, 2008 11:04 AM
so wait im confused ... is there a place right now where i can go buy pullies for my 01 2200 cavalier yes or no and if so where?

Thursday, January 03, 2008 12:03 PM
SIDNEY FERNANDEZ DE CASTRO wrote:
brandon johnson wrote:fast forward performance use to make an underdrive pulley for the 2.2L. i go one just in time. the results are a very noticeable when i added the UDP along with a pacesetter header and a full 2.25inch exhaust all the way back, and a cold air intake. the car felt very quicker than it was stock. the FFP UDP claims to add 8hp.

Brandon

Hi, FastFwdPerformance seems to be out of the market, so the 1995 pulley will work?. Thanks.
Sidney

i shouldnt see a problem with installing one on a 95 or a 92 model. the UDP look the same.
Thursday, January 03, 2008 12:58 PM
brandon johnson wrote:
SIDNEY FERNANDEZ DE CASTRO wrote:

Brandon

Sidney

i shouldnt see a problem with installing one on a 95 or a 92 model. the UDP look the same.

Finally, thanks for your answer, you know I have to be sure before spending 130 bucks on a pulley. Now the thing is, my alternator charges usually at 13.5 volts (I have a bigger one than stock). I have 2 amplifiers, 1 sub-woofer, 2 triax. speakers and 2 components, so, the charging will fall dramatically?. With everything on, at night, with lights and full volume, charges 12.5. With the pulley maybe I will kill the battery? And if so, any solution?. Thanks a lot.

Sidney
Thursday, January 03, 2008 1:04 PM
With your setup I definatly would not get an underdrive pulley. Get a stock size one.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, January 03, 2008 1:10 PM
I need a bigger alternator? a capacitor?. Thanks.

Sidney
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search