header pics - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
header pics
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 3:28 PM
can someone posts pics of any coated 4-2-1 header on a 2200 motor and which one do you guys prefer? also, should i use an upgraded motor mount? top or bottom mount, i dont want much vibration. thanks alot to anyone who helps.

Re: header pics
Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:16 AM
any body?

Thursday, November 15, 2007 10:16 AM
I dont know if there is a 4-2-1 header for the 2200. I think I searched a while ago and couldnt find one, though I could be wrong .

If youre getting a header you should invest in soild motor mounts. If youre not looking for that much vibration, TTR's upper mount is supposed to stiffen things up with little vibrations.

Personally Id go with upper and lower mounts, as Ive had problems (still am) with the joint where the header meets the collector, not sealing.

I would get a flex pipe welded in as well, just for some extra security, especially if you dont want to do both mounts beacuse of the vibes.

Sorry I dont have any pics tho
Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:56 AM
thanks for the info.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:00 PM
Thursday, November 15, 2007 1:33 PM
If you look at what vehicles it fits, all the 4-2-1's say for the Ecotec.
Thursday, November 15, 2007 2:00 PM
kyle hickey wrote:also there are 4-2-1 headers for the 2200 http://www.neverenoughauto.com/index.php?target=categories&category_id=8217

Word of advice the 2.2L ecotec header.... BOTH the DC Sport and the Pacesetter are 4-1 style... Not sure about the other brand they list. We also carry them at www.TurboTechRacing.com and can price match and most times be lower in price.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Friday, November 16, 2007 12:47 PM
oh well it looks like ill get the 4-1 no big difference i geuss. i may get it through ttr since you guys also sell the mounts and short shifter... got to support anyone who is still supporting the j-body.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search