Trying to keep it alive - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Trying to keep it alive
Thursday, November 15, 2007 10:04 AM
Right to the point. I have the 1.6:1 lift Crane Roller Rocker conversion done on my 2.2OHV with my ported head and the baffles that i needed to remove are now sucking up about a half a quart of oil a week into the intake so i need some info about alternatives:
1.Since the lifters have pumped up now and all the other valvetrain parts have settled in and ive adjusted valve lash etc, do you think a stock valvecover with baffles in it will fit over everything now?
2. If i go with a lower lift rocker arm, say the crane 1.5:1 will there be more clearence because of less lift? or will the increased size over stock rocker arms still be a problem for clearances in the valve cover? I would go back to the stock rocker arms but i had the rocker arm stud holes bored out to match the ones that came with the rocker arms.
3. I have my old head still assembled but its been in my shed in a plastic bag for about 18 months so i would think the valves and springs and retainers and such would be fuxorred but i could get the head resurfaced and cleaned if i needed to right? Would it just be cheaper to buy an assembled junkyard head than replacing said valves and etc?
Any and all help is appreciated.

Re: Trying to keep it alive
Thursday, November 15, 2007 10:13 AM
You might try having a shop make a spacer for the valve cover, this way you could clear the 1.6:1 rockers and keep the higher lift and use a stock valve cover with all the baffles and not lose the oil.

You can get an oil catch can as well, which would save the oil from going into the intake, I dont know how I'd feel about re-using the oil, but it at least wont go into the intake.

If you can find a shop to make a spacer, you could probably get a few .org members to buy one as well.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search