ITS IN AND RUNNING - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ITS IN AND RUNNING
Monday, November 12, 2007 7:33 PM
I got my swap finished and figured some of u guys might wanna see.

Although this wont be very detailed, it still should give u guys a glimpse of what went on during the swap.

obviously the old engine had to be removed.

heres a shot of the old 2.2L (it did what it was supposed to lol)

and heres a shot of the new motor (should be a nice power upgrade)

things like the upper mount bracket and battery tray needed to be removed. also the passenger side side rail had to be notched a little.

The test fit

since i was swapping in the auto tranny equipped with the motor i had to take measurements and get the motor in a position where the axles would be as straight as possible and get a idea where my mounts were going on the sub frame i had to make

After i got everything lined up like i wanted i welded in my mount brackets and fabed up some mounts

After i made the mounts i started on building my engine harness, i took me a little over a week working on it everyday after i got off work for about 5 hrs a day (50 - 55 hrs) sorry no pics of wiring....lol

after that it was pretty much physically mounting the powertrain...hooking up the harness, and putting fluids in the car. when i tried to start it up for the first time.....if fired, but died after about 3 seconds....so i checked my wiring and searched the boards for a answer.....i eventually figured out it was a VATS promblem (anti-theft) so i tried to build a bypass module...

that didnt workout either, so i tracked down somebody with hp tuners locally and had vats disabled....it fired right up

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o226/korrupt7358/?action=view¤t=Video00013gp.flv

You....You and You............. panic...the rest of you ..... COME WITH ME!!!

Re: ITS IN AND RUNNING
Monday, November 12, 2007 7:39 PM
Awsome man, congratulations, very nice work.
Cant really tell by the pics, but did U keep it auto?

Monday, November 12, 2007 8:14 PM
Michael Williams wrote:
since i was swapping in the auto tranny equipped with the motor i had to take measurements and get the motor in a position where the axles would be as straight as possible and get a idea where my mounts were going on the sub frame i had to make

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o226/korrupt7358/?action=view¤t=Video00013gp.flv

Monday, November 12, 2007 8:17 PM
Nevermind, didnt bother reading! lol

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:34 AM
Looks good man, the only thing I would sugest would be to build another lower engine mount for the back side of the block. This engine produces a lot of torque and it will want to move on you if it is not mounted very well. Other than that good work man.

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 3:00 PM
Thanx for the complements guys

and thanks for the tip raven.....throughout the swap i debated weather or not to add a rear mount , i know that i probably should........i'll have to figure something out....................engine doesn't move as it is now though......i haven't really opened up on it yet either though ( still babying it....lol) definatly more power than im use to

You....You and You............. panic...the rest of you ..... COME WITH ME!!!
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 3:35 PM
aesome man, just awesome !

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 3:50 PM
Very nice, can't wait to see some 1/4 times.

660 powered sunfire
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 7:56 PM
That is so awesome! you always hear people saying they are guna do it but it's so sweet to see one completed! I'm wicked impressed man! Makes my turbo 2.2 seem run of the mill! Have fun with her!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search