'Camaro Style' Exhaust question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'Camaro Style' Exhaust question
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 7:59 AM
I searched and couldnt find any pictures of a camaro style exhaust underneath a cavalier and was wondering if anyone knew if this muffler or one like it would fit under the car.

Re: 'Camaro Style' Exhaust question
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 9:33 AM
Yes that will fit...

It is a little tight but it will fit. I was able to get almost the exact same muffler under mine.

I have the 12266 Muffler

Knowledge about everything and yet an expert of nothing!!
Jack of all trades.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 3:29 PM
I have the 98-02 F-Body (trans am / camaro) magna flow muffler on my car... fits nicly as long as you take it to a good shop.. i have seen some that were very badly done... here are pictures of mine...
actually all i did was send pictures kind like what i will post below to the shop before i brought my car in and they had something to go by and see kinda how other Jbodies have it done and they said it was alot of help to make it right the first time...

and im running a full 3" turbo back with a resonator (no cat) and it gives a nice deep sound and not loud at all

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:07 PM
I spy with my little eye a Gran National, with some very wide rear tires!

Sorry a little of topic, but worth it for a GN!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:11 PM
Silver Z wrote:I spy with my little eye a Gran National, with some very wide rear tires!
Sorry a little of topic, but worth it for a GN!

lol close... you spy a GNX #200 with custom 3 peice wheels and 325/35/17 on the rear and a build/stroked engine 800whp

pyre fyre - i forgot to say that the muffler you are looking at will work... its the same one i have... also if you want any other pictures let me know.. id be more then happy to take more specific ones if you need/want

silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:25 PM
I demand a new thread devoted to the GNX!

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:11 PM
Silver Z wrote:I demand a new thread devoted to the GNX!

lol k i pm'd you ill leave this post alone lol as it has now gone off topic lol

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 7:21 PM
So exactly how hard is replacing your fuel filter with a setup like that? Doesn't look too fun.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:22 PM
any sound or video clips of the muffler that is on it. wonder what it sounds like.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 9:28 PM
Looks like those pictures will help alot, thank you josh. Could you get a better picture of the clearance around the trailing arm? Now I just have to decide between the flowmaster and the magnaflow.

This will work really well with the GM supercharger with a full 2.5" setup right?
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 10:09 PM
darestie wrote:So exactly how hard is replacing your fuel filter with a setup like that? Doesn't look too fun.

It was no harder then replacing it with the stock exhaust... it doesnt go back that far... if you were to use a stock F-body muffler you would as it is MUCH bigger but the Magna flow units are smaller then stock and just fit much better

Joshua Cooper wrote:any sound or video clips of the muffler that is on it. wonder what it sounds like.

It sounds nice and deep and actually very quiet just slightly louder then stock.. and thats with a full 3" turbo back piping and a 30" long resonator but no cat... and i used OEM tips from my dads WS6 Trans am which look exactly like stock sunfire GT tips just slightly bigger... I actually get alot of people thinking my car is all stock untill they hear the supercharger or the turbo lol

pyre fyre wrote:Looks like those pictures will help alot, thank you josh. Could you get a better picture of the clearance around the trailing arm? Now I just have to decide between the flowmaster and the magnaflow.
This will work really well with the GM supercharger with a full 2.5" setup right?

Yea ill get thoughs pictures tomorrow... I use to have a 3" exhaust and it was made very poorly and it would hit the trailing arm all the time... but this one was made by a very good shop and i have LOTS of clearence they just made it so it bends way up close to the body that way i have lots of room... my car is also lowerd about 1.5" in the back as well.. I personally suggest the Magnaflow but then thats all i have used on all my cars lol i had a flowmaster with the old crapy 3" exhaust and i found it to loud..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search