leaky injectors on old style 2.2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
leaky injectors on old style 2.2
Monday, November 12, 2007 12:27 PM
I had an injector (or injectors) leaking into the intake manifold and it would make the car hard to start after it sat for 20-30 minutes or more. I replaced all the injectors and it has been fine for about 4 months. Now its doing it again. Exact same symptoms, Fuel pressure is leaking down to almost 0 so i know there leaking into the manifold.
Has anyone else had this problem with injectors? What could be causing this?
Its a 99 Sunfire 2.2 120K miles.

Re: leaky injectors on old style 2.2
Monday, November 12, 2007 1:31 PM
Just because it's losing fuel pressure doesn't necessarily mean it's leaking through the injectors, it could be the FPR (this is actually more likely).

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Monday, November 12, 2007 1:37 PM
i agree, the fpr and fuel sender are your most likely causes of the symptom you stated, but then again anythings possible
Monday, November 12, 2007 3:22 PM
issue i went through on kristins 95, 2.2Lohv LS was the injector seals some kits have arent the correct seals. ended up going to GM to get the right seals, felpros was a bit large. i actually flooded a cylinder to where when it cranked, it stopped cranking (hydrolock) so i removed the plug and cranked it, spit out a crapload of gas. replaced the plug, car ran fine.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 11:26 AM
if the FPR is leaking back to the tank would that make the car blow black smoke out the exhaust and run VERY VERY rich for about 2 seconds after it has sat for maybe 30mins. It just seems like somehow the cylinders are filling up with gas while it sits. If the seals were bad wouldnt it leak externaly.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 5:05 AM
anyone?
Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:52 AM
Getinsun wrote:if the FPR is leaking back to the tank would that make the car blow black smoke out the exhaust and run VERY VERY rich for about 2 seconds after it has sat for maybe 30mins.
No, it wouldn't.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search