just got tsudo header. looks crappy. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just got tsudo header. looks crappy.
Sunday, November 11, 2007 9:37 PM
i just got my tsudo header (eco) and i checked it out. its got a burn through on one of the weld. the pipes stick out a little on the inside where they are welded to the collectors. and the double flange on the secondaries looks like a rough cut with a crappy midor saw. AND the part that get me is that it looks like a 5 year old took a dremel to the head flange and tried to.....idk wtf they tried to do? not to mention its got carbon build up.

i can fix all of this and for the price i'm not complaining. i'm just curious if anyone else got this jewed? i havent heard they were THIS bad.

Listen F***ers. FASTERTHANAHONDA is a joke because I WORK FOR HONDA. I'll talk @!#$ about Fords to, that doesn't mean I can beat a 12 second mustang.

Re: just got tsudo header. looks crappy.
Sunday, November 11, 2007 9:39 PM
and you bought it off e-bay for how much???

you get what you pay for

Sunday, November 11, 2007 11:30 PM
Take a die grinder and clean up the crappy welds and smooth the inside of the collector, and where the pipes stick out too far. I did that ony my Pacesetter before I installed in on my Z24, whose to say how much its worth in power but I guarantee its better than not doing it. As for the burn through take it to get welded an an exhaust shop, that should be cake,

Monday, November 12, 2007 7:56 AM
I'd send it back. I got a Tsudo header off of ebay a while back and I was surprised how nice of a piece it was.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Monday, November 12, 2007 8:47 AM
Some are nice some are crap, that is what you get most times when you have China made items.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Monday, November 12, 2007 9:07 AM
I got an obx header for 95-97 2.2 from ebay. I knew it was a gamble, but i was very surprised when it arrived. Its a very solid piece, and well worth the money. I gave it a good go-over, and cant find any faults. Its hit or miss i guess. The one i have is here.
Monday, November 12, 2007 9:13 AM
BTW what does religion have to do with a header from e-bay?

drinkingoctane wrote:i'm just curious if anyone else got this jewed?

Monday, November 12, 2007 9:18 AM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:Some are nice some are crap, that is what you get most times when you have China made items.

yeah, you're probably right Aaron.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Monday, November 12, 2007 8:48 PM
like i said, i can fix it. i can weld. i can grind. easy. i know you get what you pay for. i figure i could pay someone $200 to do the fixing work and have a great header for the same price if not cheaper than the weapon R or RK sport. but i'll do it myself, and i could use the practice for when i attept a port/polish on a spare head.

i've never heard anything bad except for the 4-2 flange leaking. which... lol, ill have to get that machined. i wanna do it right the first time. all i wanted to know was the opinion of other JBO members who own/ed this header.

Darkstars wrote:BTW what does religion have to do with a header from e-bay?

nothing. and i apologize if i offended anyone. its a common term in my town for ripped off. i should have kept it out of the org.

Listen F***ers. FASTERTHANAHONDA is a joke because I WORK FOR HONDA. I'll talk @!#$ about Fords to, that doesn't mean I can beat a 12 second mustang.
Monday, November 12, 2007 8:58 PM
I'm not offended, its the internet LOL. But yeah poor choice of words, eventually someone gonna get there panties in a bunch

Monday, November 12, 2007 11:16 PM
JoeyDaBomb wrote:I'd send it back. I got a Tsudo header off of ebay a while back and I was surprised how nice of a piece it was.

x2. a pic of mine.

Monday, November 12, 2007 11:26 PM
They leak alot. At least mine do.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search