ecotec O2 sim. possible? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ecotec O2 sim. possible?
Sunday, November 11, 2007 7:57 PM
ok i came across a tsudo header with 2 1/4 all the way back to a obx exhaust and i was wondering if i can even use it. ive heard that ecos throw codes when the 2nd O2 sensor is gone.

Re: ecotec O2 sim. possible?
Sunday, November 11, 2007 9:35 PM
so why not leave it in?

Monday, November 12, 2007 6:53 AM
all cars with a second o2 that is removed will throw a code. go buy an 02 sensor bung and have it welded to the exhaust. now you have no codes. (for 02 anyways)
Monday, November 12, 2007 8:29 AM
whiteboyz24 wrote:all cars with a second o2 that is removed will throw a code. go buy an 02 sensor bung and have it welded to the exhaust. now you have no codes. (for 02 anyways)

That is not 100% true. Just because the sensor is there does not mean it will not throw a code.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 12, 2007 9:22 AM
It will throw a code if the cat is gone, thats the whole reason it is there.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Downpipe w/ Cutout | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Monday, November 12, 2007 10:39 AM
well its stupid to run w/o a cat, so i was just assuming he had a cat. my bad.
Monday, November 12, 2007 11:56 AM
whiteboyz24 wrote:well its stupid to run w/o a cat, so i was just assuming he had a cat. my bad.

Why is it soo stupid?

FU Tuning

Monday, November 12, 2007 5:36 PM
nope no cat that is what im asking this exhaust system is cat and resonator-less. its only $125.00 from a friend so i figured i might check it out

Monday, November 12, 2007 5:49 PM
if your concerned about throwing check engine lights buy a highflow cat for liek 50-60 and be done with it

Monday, November 12, 2007 6:36 PM
ya. the high flow maganflow ones have a spot for the downstream o2 sensor so just chop and weld durning install
Monday, November 12, 2007 7:03 PM
BlackEco wrote:It will throw a code if the cat is gone, thats the whole reason it is there.

False

I had no cat for 2 years and did not ONCE throw a code.

I had purchased an 02 simulator from someone, and never put it due to that reason, I still have it in a box. I can dig up the guys email he makes them for all cars in his garage

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, November 12, 2007 8:03 PM
Daniel Garcia wrote:ya. the high flow maganflow ones have a spot for the downstream o2 sensor so just chop and weld durning install

Also not always true. many people on this site have bought high flow cats and still got CEL. The O2 sensors are tricky at times.

FU Tuning

Monday, November 12, 2007 8:17 PM
Its you catless @!#$s that are making global warming worse thanks a lot
LOL

***Looking for a BLUE 03+ STOCK cavi wing pm me if ya got one you wanna sell***

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:12 AM
my god the world is coming to an end because a few ecos dont have cats......sit on it, at least its a mod that creats power and touqre to a degree. unlike heavy ass chrome rims

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:16 AM
all i want to know is there any way to run cat-less and not throw codes all the time thanks for everyones productive input

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:28 AM
idk dude, take it off, see if it throws a code, it might not, mine didnt

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 6:54 AM
lostsol wrote:all i want to know is there any way to run cat-less and not throw codes all the time thanks for everyones productive input

Yes. You can try what QBE said and if it throws a code you can do a manual O2 sim. Cost about $5-$10. If you need more info do a search for manual O2 sim in this section.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 10:29 AM
its stupid because youre not making enough power to justify running no cat. its of no benefit. Like darkstars said....run a high flow cat and be done.
Im no tree hugger by any means but to say "a few catless eco's arent going to hurt anything" is absurd. Why do you think that Casper electronics thing was such a big deal. Thats more than a "few" catless cars running around. its science...its proven that the emissions are harmful.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007 12:16 PM
lostsol wrote:my god the world is coming to an end because a few ecos dont have cats......sit on it, at least its a mod that creats power and touqre to a degree. unlike heavy ass chrome rims

Whiteboy's right

Lol plus bro it was a joke... and who has chrome rims?

***Looking for a BLUE 03+ STOCK cavi wing pm me if ya got one you wanna sell***

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search