any one have this intake mani - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Re: any one have this intake mani
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:12 PM
i hear the holes dont line up real good. the throttle wheel rubs on it.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:18 PM
looks like a chromed out version of the stocker (YES IM CAPTN OBVIOUS FTW)

ive seen a few people ask if anyone has installed and has dyno sheets over stock to compare it with the 2.3 HO and LO manis

havent seen anyone do it yet though...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:19 PM

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:44 PM
There was a thread with pics awhile ago on how this manifold did not work very good.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 3:04 PM
yeah it fit like crap

friend bought it and i tried it on a motor ive got sitting outside the car , it was horrid

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 3:20 PM
how hard would it be to make fit?

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 3:37 PM
Bolt holes are but a small problem that can be fixed fairly easily. The worst part are the runners don't even come close to lining up. So you would have to make a seperate adapter, weld and dremel a flange that matches, or port match the head to the manifold...on top of all of the problems already stated. If you really want an aluminum manifold, either go with the Venom or 2.3L manifold. This is one of the cases where OBX F***ed up horribly in copying someone elses product. Stay clear this one.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 4:16 PM
Venom is overpriced. the 2.3 HO manifold might be your best bet

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:44 PM
^^^^ I would go with the 2.3 HO mani. looks much cleaner and you will pick up a lil more hp

99z for 2015.. I'm back bitches
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:07 PM
Actually the Venom is alot nicer looking,if your going for the clean 'n' shiny thing

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:23 PM
Mr. McD - (N/A Fire) wrote:^^^^ I would go with the 2.3 HO mani. looks much cleaner and you will pick up a lil more hp

aww come on phil, you saw my venom intake saturday. tell me that mine doesnt look amazing!!!!!

as for a performance standpoint, idk.. mine gets really hot, so hot in fact you cant touch it for long. this is where i think the stocker proves to be a better manifold, BUT. as ive said many times over and over again, many do not a will not believe me. but the venom manifold is actually lighter then a stocker. the HO manifold is a heavy beast and requires modification to flow properly, or an adapter flange not to mention you have to freaking re locate a lot of things, extend wires etc, and come up with an intake system.

i love my VENOM, it bolted on perfectly, no issues whatsoever with fitment or quality. it really is a nice item. i gave a tad over 300 for mine brand spaking new off a hurtn seller on ebay, and that is no where near overpriced. but to find a deal such as that again would be a miracle.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:33 PM
^^^^HA I knew you were gonna' chime in!!!

Thursday, September 27, 2007 5:41 AM
i bought a venom off ebay for around 250. i would never pay full price. i did have the problem of the throttle wheel interfering with the intake, so thats not just an OBX problem. had to grind it down a lil bit. problem solved
Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:19 AM
whiteboyz24 wrote:i bought a venom off ebay for around 250. i would never pay full price. i did have the problem of the throttle wheel interfering with the intake, so thats not just an OBX problem. had to grind it down a lil bit. problem solved

you know, come to think of it so did i, but it was the throttle cable stop on the TB itself, i had to cut off like an 1/8 inch of it for the TB to correctly on the flange. not a big deal whatsoever though.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:57 AM
i love my 2.3 HO manifold =P hahah

i had to chime in too

the picture doesnt show the Ice/flake in the paint... on a bright day it sparkles like a Kandy/Ice Paint job...

Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:28 AM
when can i get the 2.3 or the venom intakes at?

Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:48 AM
2.3 from a junk yard ... or browse the regional forums around here...

Mid East has seen like 10 of em exchange hands within a 2 - 3 months...

at the junk yard... you should be able to find the 2.3 LOs all day long... the 2.3s are a little harder...

read through this thread to see whether you want the LO or the HO ...
http://www.quad4forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11595

Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:56 PM
justin wilverding wrote:when can i get the 2.3 or the venom intakes at?

Contact the kid name Paul Tjepkes on this board, he can probably source one, grind off all the tabs, sand it and paint it so it looks uber sexay. He did one for a guy named mastin on here, as well as a couple for himself.

Here is the link to his profile.
http://www.j-body.org/members/tjepkes/

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search