pics of aem CAI? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pics of aem CAI?
Monday, September 24, 2007 7:44 PM
i got my aem CAI off ebay and its has this ugly black plastic peice and a kinda weak look filter. and it came in a white box with aem labels, not the blue and red.

i just wanna see pics of the eco cai to compare. and a part number if u have one.

Listen F***ers. FASTERTHANAHONDA is a joke because I WORK FOR HONDA. I'll talk @!#$ about Fords to, that doesn't mean I can beat a 12 second mustang.

Re: pics of aem CAI?
Monday, September 24, 2007 10:19 PM
Just go on the AEM site and compare,you may have been ripped off

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 7:57 AM
why dont YOU post pics and we'll tell you if its a knockoff.
alos.....when you bought the intake, did the listing state " AEM STYLE"???? which means knockoff
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 7:57 AM
oh yeah.....how much did you pay for it. you wont get a real one for under $200 if its new.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 9:07 AM
The old aem stuff came in white and blue boxes...the new stuff comes in the bright boxes...it might just be a earlier model..phil
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 12:26 PM
Here are some pics when I did my turbo install.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:45 PM
slvr05cav, thanks. thats exactly what mine looks like except mines polished.

and its listed the actual part number and i double checked the AEM site to make sure its the cold air 21-448 and not a short ram being called a cold air. and all in all i wound up paying 248 something after CA tax and shipping.

i think im just gonna sand and paint the black plastic peice lime green (i have a color sceme planned)

Listen F***ers. FASTERTHANAHONDA is a joke because I WORK FOR HONDA. I'll talk @!#$ about Fords to, that doesn't mean I can beat a 12 second mustang.
Thursday, September 27, 2007 9:10 AM
whiteboyz24 wrote:oh yeah.....how much did you pay for it. you wont get a real one for under $200 if its new.

actually you can. got mine from SMG Motoring for $164.99 shipped. was titanium in color.

mine has the black plastic piece as well.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 1:59 PM
drinkingoctane wrote:slvr05cav, thanks. thats exactly what mine looks like except mines polished.

and its listed the actual part number and i double checked the AEM site to make sure its the cold air 21-448 and not a short ram being called a cold air. and all in all i wound up paying 248 something after CA tax and shipping.

i think im just gonna sand and paint the black plastic peice lime green (i have a color sceme planned)

FWIW I have never once in my life seen a lime green engine bay look good.....

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 2:01 PM
this post is old but have a question with the aem cai where the fuel line rail is there is a hose.. they say replace the hose with some kind of small filter, are there any other options on replacing this line or filter

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:11 PM
I know the thread is old but at least I did a search.

My question is, do you have to remove the bumper to install the AEM CAI for the Ecotec?

Also, I heard a couple things that need clarified:

The AEM only works on the ABS model Sunfire or Cavalier. (supposedly because of some mount or bracket)
The AEM intake later came out as a one piece design as the older one piece threw check engine light codes.

Are these statements true?

Any help is appreciated

2003 Sunfire with a 2 1/4 inch turbo muffler, 2 1/4 piping to a 2 1/2 inch resonator (bigger to make up for the baffling), a 2 1/4 inch catalytic converter, 2 1/4 inch down-pipe, a ported LSJ manifold, a drop in K&N filtercharger and sports a Bomber body kit with a VIS Invader hood.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:20 PM
I have mine installed, and no you dont remove the bumper, you remove the inner wheel whell liner and the filter in in the fender. it will work on ALL models.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:23 PM
BTW mine was 139.99 SHIPPED

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Weapon-R-dragon-intake-03-04-Pontiac-Sunfire-Ecotec_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ38634QQihZ020QQitemZ300142849317QQrdZ1QQsspa genameZWD1V

The Weapon R intake looks just as good, but it ends with the filter in the engine bay aimed to the right.
Has anyone just added a 90 degree pipe and made it into a CAI instead?

They want $120 compared to AEM wanting $250.
Better deal or just go with AEM?

Thanks again...

2003 Sunfire with a 2 1/4 inch turbo muffler, 2 1/4 piping to a 2 1/2 inch resonator (bigger to make up for the baffling), a 2 1/4 inch catalytic converter, 2 1/4 inch down-pipe, a ported LSJ manifold, a drop in K&N filtercharger and sports a Bomber body kit with a VIS Invader hood.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:36 PM
Mike85220 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Weapon-R-dragon-intake-03-04-Pontiac-Sunfire-Ecotec_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ38634QQihZ020QQitemZ300142849317QQrdZ1QQsspag enameZWD1V

The Weapon R intake looks just as good, but it ends with the filter in the engine bay aimed to the right.
Has anyone just added a 90 degree pipe and made it into a CAI instead?

They want $120 compared to AEM wanting $250.
Better deal or just go with AEM?

Thanks again...

if ur goin to go that route on the extension, just fab up your own pipin then.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:50 PM
I'm not sure but is the titanium ones the nopi edition? I ordered mine from ttr.. cost me 269.99. It hasn't shipped out yet but i'm excited to see it !

-- RK Sport Underdriven Crank, Motor Mounts, Trans Mount, 4-1 Header, Catback Exhaust,
Reveco 62mm Throttle Body, B&M Shiftplus --
Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:02 PM
RFoGaLX wrote:I'm not sure but is the titanium ones the nopi edition? I ordered mine from ttr.. cost me 269.99. It hasn't shipped out yet but i'm excited to see it !

Yes it is. SMG uses Nopi as their supplier and a while back Nopi was selling their special edition ones at closeout price a while back, that's how people got them from SMG really cheap.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:22 PM
my nopi special edition was only 139.99 shipped.....less then 2 months ago....I LOVE EBAY

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search