new motor or boost? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new motor or boost?
Monday, September 24, 2007 7:14 PM
alright, short story here.

i have a 2000 cav coupe with an 2.2 L auto in it... needless to say im less than impressed at this point.

great gas mileage and its "peppy". but its not fun to drive anymore, after driving my friends WRX and another friends GT/CS.

im looking into two options.

Turbo the 2.2L with 98K miles on the clock and slap a five speed transmission into it (technically speaking of course)
planning on low boost (6lbs) and trimmings (exhaust, etc)

OR

get a 3.4L motor and transmission out of a pontiac grand am GT with 30K miles on it and put that in place of the 2.2L

my friend also has a 3.4L Supercharged which came out of his cavalier when he put a 3.8SC into it. this motor has some more mileage but he said he will sell me the motor/transmission and supercharger for 1,200. and then help me install it for a little more. i believe he told me the motor has 75Kmiles on it now and ran at 12psi most of its life.

thoughts? ideas?

Re: new motor or boost?
Monday, September 24, 2007 7:36 PM
3400 <3 <3

In second gens, being swaped in (being as it is not a OEM Cavy Motor), STOCK, they run low 14s...

Monday, September 24, 2007 7:53 PM
i say 3400 FTMFW!

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.
Monday, September 24, 2007 8:38 PM
3400 AND boost......
thats my dream!
then ill smoke matt in his pos vr6.
by a 1/4 mile...
in the 1/4 mile. HAha

Listen F***ers. FASTERTHANAHONDA is a joke because I WORK FOR HONDA. I'll talk @!#$ about Fords to, that doesn't mean I can beat a 12 second mustang.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:01 PM
I have been in a cavy with a 3400 fully built engine, with 11psi from a garrett t3/t4. Its insane! last i heard he got 13.6 at 115 mph! (couldnt get traction untill 4th) Do that if possible.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search