throttle body - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
throttle body
Monday, September 24, 2007 7:09 PM
ok i have a 2.4, and i just bought an obx throttle body spacer do they actuallu help or not?i didnt get mine in the mail yet, but i was just wondering about them....also this may be a dumb question is there a difference in the throttle bodies in the 2.4l than in the 2.2eco's?please help me out....thanx

Re: throttle body
Monday, September 24, 2007 7:34 PM
most people get the intake manifold spacer made out of Phenolic Material and get the 2.3 HO intake manifold.

I've never used a TB spacer on the 2.4 ... i know Helix makes one for the 2.2 OHV and it "sounds good" ... i don't know about performance. maybe a couple HP...

I want to say that the TBs are different... but i don't have an Eco so i don't have a frame of reference... but GM changed the TB design 4 times since 89 and used the fourth one until 02 when the changed to the Eco... i'm sure they changed it again for the eco...

Monday, September 24, 2007 7:50 PM
the spacer does nothing, unless you want to drill and tap it for n2o.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 12:28 AM
yea i had the same obx spacer on my 2.4 and it did nothing but made a whistle sound when the air would hit it just right, i always had people askin me if i had a turbo..... dont know why cuz it sounded nothing like one but yea they were all mainly country boys lol

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 5:18 AM
Quote:

i just bought an obx throttle body spacer do they actuallu help

they are garbage and do nothing. except what rich grayo said. thats a spacers only use

do some research next time before buying a part or buying from a place

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 6:21 AM
spacers such as this that 'spin' things inside the intake track etc only become effective when gas is introduced BEFORE it, not after it like our cars. it proves beneifical because the air and gas mix together a lot better and it helps things along. but we dont have this option due to our fuel injectors being AFTER the intake manifold and spraying right inside the head.

now, if you have wet nitrous kit and have the sprayer nossel before the tb spacer, then yes i could see it helping maybe a tad because your spraying gas AND nitrous into the intake track. BUT all you need to do to remedy a mixture issue is buy a plume fogger for the system and it will mix everything very nicely.

as others have said, IMO the spacer's only benefit on our cars is for use with a nitrous fogger to be drilled and tapped so it can spray straight down into the manifold. the S/C guys like them for use with alcohol injectors as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search