2.3L Headers - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.3L Headers
Saturday, September 22, 2007 11:21 AM
I am looking for 2.3L headers for my 1995 Cav. I have had trouble finding any leads to find some quality headers. So if anyone has info on what or where I can find some. Thanks.........

Re: 2.3L Headers
Saturday, September 22, 2007 1:02 PM
Your car doesnt have headers it has a header. but ill let is slide this time. the following web sites are pretty good. I would look at Passetter or RKsport, DC

Ebay.com
TurboTechRacing.com
RKsport.com
Andysautosport.com

99z for 2015.. I'm back bitches
Saturday, September 22, 2007 1:15 PM
There isn't a single company that makes a header for a quad4 powered J-body. You have to have it custom fabricated. Several people have tried to work with small shops in the past to try and get us one, but haven't had any luck.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Saturday, September 22, 2007 10:07 PM
if you have a 1995 LO quad4 then the only current "header" is the exhaust manifold off the older 2.3 HO quad4..itll bolt up to the head but the runners and collector are larger and will give you the same gains as a header..this manifold can be found frequently in junk yards and sometimes ebay............no other aftermarket header is currently available

Sunday, September 23, 2007 5:06 PM
what about yours Scott?? will this come true??

Sunday, September 23, 2007 6:14 PM
i have not given up on my project ! however..the header im currently designing will not work auto's ..IF it works... i need dynos with this to be successful..but im still working on it..i have a couple new people lined up who think they can do it im getting the stroker PROPERLY tuned next week so after that i can focus more on the header...right now im just running a VERY ported stock manifold

Sunday, September 23, 2007 7:54 PM
You can redrill the flange for the Cobalt ss ecotec header and it needed a little more modification to match the ports a little better. 1 3/4 inch primaries with a 3" collector. Its tight but it fits, I have done it. I dont know it flows better than the HO manifold though I havnt ever compaired them. Thats my 2 cents

Here ie the link if you are interested Header

Sunday, September 23, 2007 8:39 PM
Is that an actual picture of the ECO header, or just a stock photo...If it is a picture of a real ECO header, how did you drill the middle bolt hole without adding material?

-

Sunday, September 23, 2007 9:14 PM
Its a generic picture...here is a picture I found of mine before I modified it. I actually had to add material to one corner now that I think about it. It was for one bolt hole. And trim a little off the bottom of the flange to clear the water pump. The ports dont line up the best since the 086 ports are kind of oddly shaped compaired to the eco roundish square shape but I used a dremel and did some mild porting to the inside of the flange kind of tapering it to smooth flow. Eventually I want to get an actual 2.3 flange and modify the header to it.

Monday, September 24, 2007 5:15 AM
wonder how this would work on a L (GTZ) car.......

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, September 24, 2007 8:34 AM
i have a steel 2.3 exahaust flange already..what i would really like to see is a pic of the 2.3 exhaust gasket layed over the eco header flange...to compare shape and size difference..any way you could get me that pic??
and this thing really has a 3" collector???

Monday, September 24, 2007 9:47 AM
I'am new in all this HO and LO 2.3L stuff so how are u supposed to know what u have is it in the VIN or on the engine somewhere. It would be helpfull to know. Thanks..............
Monday, September 24, 2007 5:29 PM
^ ^ ^ ^
go to www.quad4forums.com over there they have the break down between the Quad Family of engines

Monday, September 24, 2007 5:44 PM
A = LG0\W41 (HO, W41 High output Quad 442)

D = LD2 ( LO)

Vin 3 = Run away.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, September 24, 2007 7:12 PM
Quote:

Vin 3 = Run away.

ROFL couldnt have said it better!!!

Thursday, October 04, 2007 1:29 PM
I was woundering if this is a good Idea. Get 2.3L Manifold Flange and then some 2.4L headers and cut the flange off and weld on the 2.3 Flange. If anyone has tried this or If anyone knows some faults it would be great to know thanks....
Thursday, October 04, 2007 1:56 PM
z24sleepers wrote:I was woundering if this is a good Idea. Get 2.3L Manifold Flange and then some 2.4L headers and cut the flange off and weld on the 2.3 Flange. If anyone has tried this or If anyone knows some faults it would be great to know thanks....

I have never seen an LD9 header with decent sized primaries. Your efforts would be in vain if you expected much out of it. Now, if you did that to one of the aftermarket LSJ headers, then it might be worth it.

-

Thursday, October 04, 2007 2:44 PM
So if I can Find a nice sized headers that would fit it could be done with some decent gains.
Thursday, October 04, 2007 4:43 PM
z24sleepers wrote:So if I can Find a nice sized headers that would fit it could be done with some decent gains.

you let us know when you find that "nice sized" header..but we wont hold our breath..the cutting off the flange idea wont work cus the sotck manifold is iron so you cant weld to it..you have to get a steel flange.....and secondly the only header made for the quad has runners that run all the way down under the car and the collector is right before the cat...but this only fits the N body...you let me know where i can find a header like that , that will fit in our cars and ill give you a flange to weld to it ok

Thursday, October 04, 2007 5:03 PM
Thanks for the info. I am new to all this info about the quad engine so I am trying to get as much info as I can and find ways around it. What about an HO stock header system. Does it fit on a LO quad engine. Also If you know were I can find a 2.3 Metal Flange that would great because I am planing to make my own if I can't find anything that would work. Thanks a lot............
Thursday, October 04, 2007 6:16 PM
yea..the 2.3 High Output exhaust manifold is much better flowing and will bolt up to the LO...and theres even room to still port it out if you like

Thursday, October 04, 2007 6:32 PM
z24sleepers wrote:Thanks for the info. I am new to all this info about the quad engine so I am trying to get as much info as I can and find ways around it. What about an HO stock header system. Does it fit on a LO quad engine. Also If you know were I can find a 2.3 Metal Flange that would great because I am planing to make my own if I can't find anything that would work. Thanks a lot............

If you can find the stock 4-2-1 header from a LO quad, you could cut the flange off of it since it is steel.

...or...

carcustoms.net

-

Sunday, October 07, 2007 1:29 PM
For the O2 Sensor in the stock manifold it is in the right in the center and if I made headers would the O2 have to go in one of the runners or in the collector at the bottom. I have seen headers online that have O2 bung in one of the runners. Thanks......
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:23 PM
Does anyone know anything about the placement of the )2 sensor on headers for the quad if they have to be in a single runner or the collector.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search