Too much fuel.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Too much fuel....
Sunday, September 23, 2007 4:10 PM
i had my engine rebuilt with pistons from karo. after rebuilt, a knocking noise came back at 275 miles. (did not put any strain on motor up to that miles). found out was dumbing too much fuel and screwed up two pistons. what would cause that? i have no upgrades on fuel. when i had the rebuilt done i added, pistens, cam swap, connecting rods, crank kit. i do have nitrous on it, but haven't used it on new motor. guy said that it could be the fuel solinoid dumping fuel in intake. (haven't checked yet due to times). i do have the SAFC-2, that was tuned before the i had new motor and wanted to wait till after the 500 mile mark to get it tuned. could that have been the problem? anyhelp would be great, i'm lost. thanks, kc

Nope, it ain't stock.

Re: Too much fuel....
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:21 PM
just tryin to keep this alive for a lil bit. The first pistons was 10.5:1, and now i have 9:1. If that helps out. kc

Nope, it ain't stock.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:27 PM
i really don't know here... if its not the above suggestions... maybe the portion of the ECM control fuel management is going bad... or maybe the injectors are stuck open, or is sticking open...

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:30 PM
What exactly is "screwed up" on your pistons?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:15 PM
Quote:

guy said that it could be the fuel solinoid dumping fuel in intake

if thats true, would the feul make its way into the engine? sort of hydro locking it?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 6:55 PM
Shifted wrote:What exactly is "screwed up" on your pistons?

was told that too much fuel was going into two of my cylinders. it wasn't burning it fast enough, so it had melted the rings and the pistons had started to grind into the walls. they had to put two sleves on the walls for the grooves that was made into them. i will post pics of the two good ones and the two bad ones, tomorrow. maybe that would help. thanks.

Nope, it ain't stock.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 7:02 PM
Lean melts pistons, rich washes oil...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search