O2 sim - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
O2 sim
Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:09 PM
i know i will get some people out there who will want to flame this...im am look for helpful comments only. i want to try going no cat, i need to find a good oxygen sensor simulator. i know casper elec. used to make them but cant find them anymore. anyothers that people know of?

Re: O2 sim
Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:12 PM
Im not sure of any that make them anymore. I think your best bet would to just drill a hole and weld in an o2 bung or delete the rear code with hpt.

Im using a caspers which is like 2 years old and no problems with it. But goo luck finding one. I also hope you plan to use a big resonator if your gona be n/a or sc'd. Im using a 30" glasspack and mine is realy quiet with no cat.

Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:44 PM
hpt -> delete;

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Friday, September 21, 2007 8:08 AM
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229959&hl=simulator

Read that, cheapest, easiest way to do it. Works great, I have done it on 3 cars and has worked like a chap every time.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Friday, September 21, 2007 9:05 AM
Im pretty sure he wants to not have to worry about an o2 bung, which is why hes looking for an electric sim not a manual one.

Friday, September 21, 2007 9:28 AM
Friday, September 21, 2007 5:12 PM
Do simulators from RKSport for a Corvette work?
Monday, September 24, 2007 9:18 AM
icemike89 wrote:Im pretty sure he wants to not have to worry about an o2 bung, which is why hes looking for an electric sim not a manual one.

Electric simulators do not work period. He has 3 options.

1. Do nothing and have a check engine light
2. Spend $600+ for HP tuners
3. Weld in a bung and use a mechanical simulator

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Monday, September 24, 2007 9:27 AM
Casper electronics was shut down by the EPA and forced to offer buy-back of ALL devices sold. I doubt you'll find any company willing to sell one of these after what the EPA did to Casper.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, September 24, 2007 2:03 PM
Jack Mehoff [Harrington wrote:]
icemike89 wrote:Im pretty sure he wants to not have to worry about an o2 bung, which is why hes looking for an electric sim not a manual one.

Electric simulators do not work period. He has 3 options.

1. Do nothing and have a check engine light
2. Spend $600+ for HP tuners
3. Weld in a bung and use a mechanical simulator

As I said, I do not have a cat nor a rear o2 bung and have a sim from caspers, and have NO check engine light and havnt had any problems for months. The sim is actualy a few years old as I got it used.

And yea caspers was forced to stop making them, which is why I said good luck trying to find one.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search