wats the best header - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wats the best header
Monday, September 10, 2007 8:20 PM
wat would be the best header for my 02 2.4L sunfire thats around the 200 dollar range and wont need a hell of alot of customizing to get it to fit my car?

Re: wats the best header
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 1:40 PM
not sure if the year of your car makes a diff, but i have a a 97 2.4L and the OBX header works fine. I had to get the down tube welded to the cat but yours may be different

www.rdracing.110mb.com
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 2:26 PM
I remember reading on here that the only difference between the years is that the older Z24's have an egr and the newer ones dont. so the correct header for (I think) 96-99 have an extra tube that the newer Z24's dont have. However, you could buy a 96-99 header for your 02 and simply use an oem gasket to block the hole. As far as the best brand header to get for around $200, I like pacesetter and OBX.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:38 PM
For that price range checkout the Pacesetter header @ www.TurboTechRacing.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:39 PM

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Saturday, September 15, 2007 2:40 PM
i have been thinking about pacesetter for so long but i had there cat back exhaust and the damn muffler blew out on me in two months big ol crack thru the back. are there header durable? and i will def feel the diff in power with these right
Saturday, September 15, 2007 5:23 PM
hey man. i actually got a pacesetter header off a guy frm the website. brand new. i think it was the ceramic coated if im not mistaken. the only thing i tell you to do is go to the local auto store and buy a new head gasket. dont use the paper one that comes with it. other than that, i had to weld it to my cat as well, but have had no problems. for the price i got it for, i would consider it one of the best mods i did. i did notice a little different power, but it might be in my head. not positive, but brother said he did. lol
Monday, September 17, 2007 2:16 PM
Ryan Snyder wrote:hey man. i actually got a pacesetter header off a guy frm the website. brand new. i think it was the ceramic coated if im not mistaken. the only thing i tell you to do is go to the local auto store and buy a new header gasket. dont use the paper one that comes with it. other than that, i had to weld it to my cat as well, but have had no problems. for the price i got it for, i would consider it one of the best mods i did. i did notice a little different power, but it might be in my head. not positive, but brother said he did. lol

Fixed that for you lol you don't need a new head gasket.

Monday, September 17, 2007 8:25 PM
i've been using a pacesetter (not coated) since spring 06 and i love it. no problems and the O2 sensor mounts in the collector so not trouble with that either.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:23 PM
i wud go with a pacesetter, it has a nice sound and rly helps, i have one on my 01 grand am 2.4 LD9, and its been great, the temp sensor plugs right in to the header, and the o2 sensor plugs into ur stock or aftermarket cat.....i paid around $150 on jcwhitney.com , i bought the black header......be sure if u buy the black 1, to sand it down and put high temp paint on it be4 u install or it will all peel off......the downpipe is included with this...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search