TACH INSTALL HELP!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TACH INSTALL HELP!!!
Monday, September 10, 2007 7:01 PM

i got the rk sport tach and a glow shift gauge...
Now the problem is I'm not getting a signal to the tach. When I crank the car, the tach lights up and the needle goes to 10k and then quickly back down to 0. I can't figure out why it's not working when both the tach adapter and tach are brand new.

I connected the black wire on the adapter to the orange wire on the plug and the red wire on the adapter to the white wire on the plug above the I.C.M. and ran the green wire from the tach adapter to the wire on the tach that's suppose to go to the coil. I have the tach properly grounded. The red wire on the tach apparently lights it up and the orange wire is supposed to go to the ignition but it really doesn't do anything to my knowledge.

I've got the tach set on 4(cylinders) and I've tried the others(0,3,5,6,8) so I've run out of ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially from someone who has used the RKsport tach adapter.

Re: TACH INSTALL HELP!!!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:40 PM
bump i really need help

Re: TACH INSTALL HELP!!!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:55 PM
i'd put money on the rk adapter.its the thing yourself and the other post have in common. honestly, you should've gone with the autometer adapter.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search