is this the stock HO 'header' ??? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
is this the stock HO 'header' ???
Sunday, September 09, 2007 2:06 PM
my dad picked up a supposed 95 quad 4 engine from someone last week... i was looking it over and im sorry, but i cannot see how its a 95. anyways, its got some weird stuff, the idi cover was the regular quad 4 one, and its got a 755 head. the entire power steering pump assembly was still attached to the side of the engine, and its the belt driven style-which i thought was over and done with in 94.

a few other things i noticed that screams pre-95:
no cam sensor
WAY different looking oil pan, definatly looks deeper then a 2.4's and not even close in design so its gotta have the good NON-95 2.3 oil pump in it

now, heres the parts that i just do not understand. it for SURE has the ho intake mani on it. and then i looked around back and saw the exhuast mani, definatly looks different than any 2.3 mani ive ever seen. so, ive got a pic of it and would like to know if this is the 'header' style one that supposidly flows just as good as a header for a 2.4 or something like that....

Re: is this the stock HO 'header' ???
Sunday, September 09, 2007 2:22 PM
Yes...that's the "HO" exhaust manifold

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Sunday, September 09, 2007 4:55 PM
Could be a 94, they were starting to get a bit funky and halfbred by then too.

Sunday, September 09, 2007 10:58 PM
I should also add that if it's a true HO header then the bolt holes won't line up with the 2.4 I don't think. Plus I find it hard to believe that cast piece of @!#$ flows as well as even a pacesetter 4-1 on a 2.4. Bigger ports or not.

Monday, September 10, 2007 8:46 AM
kflo wrote:I should also add that if it's a true HO header then the bolt holes won't line up with the 2.4 I don't think. Plus I find it hard to believe that cast piece of @!#$ flows as well as even a pacesetter 4-1 on a 2.4. Bigger ports or not.

yeah im with ya man. but there is a TON of material that could be removed from the downpipe flange area. i think that would help a ton.

Monday, September 10, 2007 9:14 AM
IF THE BOLT HOLES line up just send it out to be honed and extruded

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE, i have already died once and im still here so lets just leave it on the track
Monday, September 10, 2007 9:47 AM
kflo wrote:I should also add that if it's a true HO header then the bolt holes won't line up with the 2.4 I don't think. Plus I find it hard to believe that cast piece of @!#$ flows as well as even a pacesetter 4-1 on a 2.4. Bigger ports or not.

the simple answer:
larger primaries = more exhaust expelled for a given exhaust velocity. 2.4L headers run smaller primaries (and rightfully so), becuase the ports on the 2.4L heads are significantly smaller than those on the 2.3L's.

Essentially, if you have a 2.4L head, I would stick with a header instead of going through all the work to adapt a 2.3L manifold to it. Likewise, if you have a 2.3L head, stick with a 2.3L manifold or header.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Monday, September 10, 2007 12:17 PM
yeah the plan is 086 for my other car... and with there being no header options available for it, i wanted to make damn sure this manifold i have is the best 2.3 one that was made. i'll at least have the dp flange opened up for sure...

Monday, September 10, 2007 5:04 PM
yea..just port the collector out real nice and it makes a good manifold

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 8:59 AM
So it won't fit?
I'm liking it.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search