LD9 performance rebuild - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LD9 performance rebuild
Friday, September 07, 2007 9:24 AM
i am planning on rebuilding my engine in my cavalier this winter, im going to pull it out and completely disassemble it. i found a master rebuild kit for it for 999. It includes new bearings, seals, gaskets, pistons(10.5:1), rings, wrist pins, lifters and valve springs. i was going to get a set of eagle rods to go along with it. What should i do with the cams? leave them alone? or the ho cams or do the secret cam swap. i want to leave the computer stock and not do anything with it. It will be having a pacesetter header along with it and the HO manifold will be mounted also. i was wondering what gains i could expect with all of this, i dont want to do anything with forced induction either i want all motor. the drivetrain i already have figured out. i am going to do it this winter since i dont drive it in the winter. let me know your advice and anything else
thanks
kw

Re: LD9 performance rebuild
Friday, September 07, 2007 9:36 AM
where did you find this kit?
Friday, September 07, 2007 9:42 AM
ok... while i do suggest you do a bit more reading and such on these forums, i think you've got a good base knowledge so far.

as for your pistons in the rebuild kit, i HIGHLY doubt they have a CR of 10.5:1... stock 96-99.5 is 9.5:1 and 99.5-02 is 9.7:1... i dont think a stock rebuild kit is going to up the compression. although, you CAN get the 10.5:1's from wiseco, pretty pricey though.

as for the rods, you do not need them. your master kit rods will be just fine for n/a, but if you want the eagles-go for it.

secret cams dont really give much of an increase, but its still better than stock and if you dont want computer issues like you said, i recommend just doing these.

why do you want to leave the computer stock? hp tuners is definatly a good way for you to sqeeze out a tad more HP, and in the world of n/a 2.4-your going to need every little bit of help.

sounds like you have a decent build ahead of you either way, but its going to be mostly stock. so if yours is a 5spd, it should be around 145-150whp with the mods you want.

Saturday, September 08, 2007 8:25 PM
http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/pek-cavalier.html
this the sight i found the kit. its not a stock rebuild kit. is there anything else that i should or could be doing, i want as much info as possible for my rebuild thanks
kw
Saturday, September 08, 2007 11:22 PM
Not a bad price at all for all those parts .

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:04 PM
think it would be worth it???
Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:33 PM
sounds like a good plan. but if you are getting cams, a puter tune with HPtuners can do you wonders

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, September 09, 2007 7:24 PM
i might have to do that then. how much for a tune with hp tuners
Sunday, September 09, 2007 8:44 PM
talk to shifted. He tuned my computer for a similar build that your going with and he does good work.

www.rdracing.110mb.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search