volvo turbo - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
volvo turbo
Saturday, September 08, 2007 3:18 PM
my buddy has a old volvo with the motor shot so he gave it to me, i herd good things about volvo turbos and was wondering if it was worth my time to take it off the volvo and make it fit my 2.2 ecotec. has any one done this?

Re: volvo turbo
Saturday, September 08, 2007 10:30 PM
Im pretty sure the Garret turbos on some of the older saabs have the turbine housing integrated into the exhaust manifold which is no good to you. Take some pictures and post them back up here.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Downpipe w/ Cutout | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Sunday, September 09, 2007 5:59 PM
i haven't got a pic right now but will in a few days cause the car in another town, but its a 87 and she has a 4 cylinder motor if that helps. my friend said its bolted on to the manifold.
Sunday, September 09, 2007 8:24 PM
first off .... if ur talkin a 240 .... they are not so bad have only herd of a few dying on people ( i work for volvo )
second if ur looking for anything more then 6 pounds of boost..... dont bother ......
third volvo turbos are not intergrated into manifold as thought ... 87 is lookin like a 240 or a 740 .... hope on a 7 40
forth if the engine is shot .... who says the turbo is not ?
your honestly better off getting a aftermarket one if ur looking for big boost ...
biggest turbo u can get from volvo is 12 pounds i think and thats off a s60 /v70 R
ive seen turbos alone on ebay for 250 bucks 20 pounds boost ..... i;d look that way ....

on another note ..... since the vw vr6 engine in a certin range of years and volvo 800 turbo series transmissions were made by the same manufacturing company. in point .... a few mods are made to mount it up and it bolts right up ........ guys in europe are pushing 800 hp in twin charged vr6's with STOCK 800 series trannys and they hold up ....... go figure ..lol

i thought that was a crazy bit of info i thought i might share ...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search