patriot stage 2 head - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
patriot stage 2 head
Saturday, September 08, 2007 9:12 PM
Would the patriot stage 2 head with cams get me to the lower 14's. I also have a header, lower motor mount, and catback exhaust. I plan on getting an intake here soon but if a head would get me to the lower 14's then i'd be saving for that.

Does anyone know what the cavalier ls sport 03 ecotec run stock 1/4 mile? I wanted to hit 13's or 14's.. is that reachable with a head and bolt ons?

Does anyone know if i'd need to do computer modifications if i got the patriot stage 2 head w/ cams?

Finally, if i bought the stage 2 head assembled with cams would there be anything else i needed to purchase? I'd need a new head gasket right? And would it be a good idea to purchase anything else while the head was being replaced, like head studs?

Any suggestions and idea's would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER LS SPORT ECOTEC -

- Current Mods -
-- Vibrant Exhaust & DC Sport Header --
-- Lower Motor Mount & TTR Upper Motor Mount --
-- B&M ShiftPlus & Vibrant Front STB --
-- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake --

RIP DAD<3 We love & miss you so much!

Re: patriot stage 2 head
Saturday, September 08, 2007 10:00 PM
Was it REALLY necessary to make an entire new post about this head when you already have a post about it? Completely unneeded.

The info you want is readily available if you search. Look for the FEW N/A Ecotec guys in the low 14s and look what their mods are. You aren't getting there simply by swapping a head and cams. It's gonna take a LOT of bolt-ons and A LOT of tuning and skill. Do some research.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Saturday, September 08, 2007 10:13 PM
Stock Eco Runs 14.9s True Story

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Downpipe w/ Cutout | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Saturday, September 08, 2007 11:47 PM
16s bone stock

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:08 AM
what else would i have to mod to get down the the low 14's mid 13's?

- Current Mods -

Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:21 AM
evilmonkitar wrote:16s bone stock

not true at all. most of the jersey j's im with were running in the 14's with just catbacks and intakes.

Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:25 AM
RFOGALX wrote:what else would i have to mod to get down the the low 14's mid 13's?

not being a dick or anything but do some more reading. trust me reading and some mechanical know how is your best friend. the mechanical know-how you can even pick up from reading! so open up the search box and away you go. for the quickest easiest safest way to thrust your car into the low 14s high 13s range would be to s/c it.

Just two years ago i had to think about how to make a 3 prong toggle switch work now i am boosting vehicles. its all in time my friend. and at the rate your going you will be a pro by the time your 20. I wish i had got an eco cav when i was 16...

Sunday, September 09, 2007 12:19 PM
hey man thanks for the info in both posts of mine. I'll be sure to read up some more.

- Current Mods -

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search