motor mounts - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
motor mounts
Friday, September 07, 2007 8:12 PM
i have a prothane lower motor mount and i was wondering how much of a difference i would see if i were to get a ttr upper motor mount on the L61?

Also, how bad are the vibs when you get the upper motor mount installed after the lower motor mount? Are they more noticable than before(with just the lower mount) or do they stay about the same?

- 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER LS SPORT ECOTEC -

- Current Mods -
-- Vibrant Exhaust & DC Sport Header --
-- Lower Motor Mount & TTR Upper Motor Mount --
-- B&M ShiftPlus & Vibrant Front STB --
-- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake --

RIP DAD<3 We love & miss you so much!

Re: motor mounts
Friday, September 07, 2007 11:12 PM
Vibes are alot more noticable but IMO the TTR mount is an overpriced comfort item

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Saturday, September 08, 2007 11:48 AM
so its not worth it? or how is it a comfort item?

- Current Mods -

Saturday, September 08, 2007 12:15 PM
I would replace it the top mount with an after market one if it were me. Just not sure on what brand I would go with.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Saturday, September 08, 2007 6:53 PM
What all brands are out there. I know of ttr and rk sport. I did have an rk sport mount ordered but it was never shipped so i got a refund. What mounts are recommended by users? To me all aftermarket mounts cant be much different? Thanks.

- Current Mods -

Saturday, September 08, 2007 11:15 PM
trust me i have the ttr upper no vibs unless i just cant tell but i dont get ne. ppl always bitch but its not neeeear as bad as they say.

Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:10 AM
did it increase performance like the lower mount does? I know it doesnt increase the performance, but allows the horses to get to the ground instead of to engine movement so to me it is an increase in performance.

- Current Mods -

Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:17 AM
before the blower set up yes it did have a good solid feel on downshifts and what not. now wit the s/c i def need the other mounts n a lowering job...

Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:29 AM
Ok, i was a tester for both his upper and lower mounts. as far as the TTR mount being an overpriced comfort item, thats BS. The way the motor mounts work is this...

They keep the motor from rocking front to back which in turn transfers all that rocking motion to the wheels, increasing wheel hop. The reason for the vibrations to the car is because that vibration has to go somewhere. So instead of going through the rubber mounts and being absorbed it goes through the poly bushing to the frame of the car. The vibrations are mainly noticeable when the AC is running at idle or if the fan kicks on from stand still traffic at idle. Other than that its not bad at all.

TTR offers a lot more options than everyone else does. The RK uses 2 small bushings where the TTR uses one big solid bushing for better transfer of energy. Also the TTR can be powder coated to almost any color you want with a choice of colors for the bushing.

as far as horsepower, there is no gain. but yes it does put all the power to the ground instead of rocking the motor. Its solid and eliminates almost all of the wheel hop in most situations. In my opinion, its well worth it. I dont have any 2nd gear wheel hop and VERY minimal wheel hop in first some times.

Get ahold of me if you need some more info on them. Otherwise contact TTR and get them custom

Sunday, September 09, 2007 9:35 AM
Vincent Morris wrote:Ok, i was a tester for both his upper and lower mounts. as far as the TTR mount being an overpriced comfort item, thats BS. The way the motor mounts work is this...

They keep the motor from rocking front to back which in turn transfers all that rocking motion to the wheels, increasing wheel hop. The reason for the vibrations to the car is because that vibration has to go somewhere. So instead of going through the rubber mounts and being absorbed it goes through the poly bushing to the frame of the car. The vibrations are mainly noticeable when the AC is running at idle or if the fan kicks on from stand still traffic at idle. Other than that its not bad at all.

TTR offers a lot more options than everyone else does. The RK uses 2 small bushings where the TTR uses one big solid bushing for better transfer of energy. Also the TTR can be powder coated to almost any color you want with a choice of colors for the bushing.

as far as horsepower, there is no gain. but yes it does put all the power to the ground instead of rocking the motor. Its solid and eliminates almost all of the wheel hop in most situations. In my opinion, its well worth it. I dont have any 2nd gear wheel hop and VERY minimal wheel hop in first some times.

Get ahold of me if you need some more info on them. Otherwise contact TTR and get them custom

x2

Sunday, September 09, 2007 12:04 PM
What I meant is about comfort was the fact of less vibes with the TTR mounts as people that have them say.I am not knocking TTR's mounts,I love their products,but I can live with the vibes I get with my poly front and RK lower mount.Until someone shows me data that shows a difference from using TTR's mounts versus the poly mounts then my statement still stands.For the price of the TTR upper&lower versus the poly mounts you can get off Ebay or from RK,if it is just vibes then I'll go the less expensive route.If there is a more efficient transfer of energy then please provide proof for myself and others that show and explain this.Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, September 09, 2007 12:12 PM

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"

Sunday, September 09, 2007 4:57 PM
Because if you look at it. There are 2 small bushings on the RK. TTR has one big solid bushing. So it not only cuts the vibes down but the lower is also oval so therefore it can hold stronger, its lighter by far. and also makes a nice show piece.

The TTR upper mount is $2 cheaper plus you get to powder coat it and select the color of your bushing. The lower may be more expensive but you get to select your options as well and its billet aluminum instead of any welding at all. so another reason i see it superior to the RK.

Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:51 PM
I agree with Vincent on the TTR mount. i was the tester for the TTR 2.2 OHV upper mount. yes there are vibes, but it's not unbearable. i believe it is worth it. there was definitely a noticeable difference from before the mount and after the mount. i am very very very happy with it and recommend it to anyone!
Monday, September 10, 2007 2:41 PM
I have a 2.4l 4spd.. i installed ttrs upper and lower.. when i started the engine, no movement.. from the worn out oem's that moved 1/2 inch.. every shift is solid.. no hopping.. and when i get my chocolate milk.. i turn on my ac to mix it up

"Z24 Dustbunny"
Monday, September 10, 2007 10:17 PM
where can I find these TTR mounts? I have a 2200 and I'm looking for some motor mounts, do they make some for the 2200 newayz?

no more cavy...now 240 =]

I see a cool-air intake
It's got a NOS-fogger system and a T-4 turbo
I see an A.I.C. controller
It has direct port nitrous injection
Yeah, a stand-alone fuel management system
...Not a bad way to spend $10,000
Monday, September 10, 2007 10:37 PM
i have rk sport mounts, they are ok. ttr is probably better. i want the get the ttr lower mount to replace the rk one eventually, but im fine for now

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Monday, September 10, 2007 10:42 PM
TTR mounts FTW!

and I'll tell you why:

they currently support j-bodies way more than RK Sport currently does. RK Sport has more products, don't get me wrong. however, the guys at TTR are more helpful, and will answer questions faster and more willingly than RK Sport does.

that gets my vote any day.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 5:12 AM
00Cavy wrote:where can I find these TTR mounts? I have a 2200 and I'm looking for some motor mounts, do they make some for the 2200 newayz?

Here is a link:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=50&i=31448&t=31448

They are all on sale right now, as we just released the Automatic Transmission Mount.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 8:10 AM
.....tranny mount makes me happy inside

"Z24 Dustbunny"
Tuesday, September 11, 2007 6:10 PM
I ordered the ttr polished with blue insert. I'll let ya know what i think about it.

- Current Mods -

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 6:39 PM
nice colors

We will get this order going for you.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 6:55 PM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote: nice colors

We will get this order going for you.

Let me know if RK Sport would tell you this

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 6:59 PM
Alright man thanks. The car is silver and the interior is blue so the mount would go great with the scheme. I even painted the valve cover blue, and the ignition module silver. So along with the upper motor mount and a silver k&n intake it should look pretty sweet under the hood. I have yet to buy the silver intake but when i do i'll be sure to go through ttr.

- Current Mods -

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 10:57 AM
thank god for ttr

"Z24 Dustbunny"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search