2.4 ecotec in a sunfire - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 ecotec in a sunfire
Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:31 AM
ok this question might have been asked before but i couldn't find it, can u put a 2.4 ecotec in a 2004 sunfire and use the 2.2ecotec transmission?

Re: 2.4 ecotec in a sunfire
Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:40 AM
try here:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=141404&t=141404

and here:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=395207&t=395207

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Thursday, September 06, 2007 12:11 PM
holy @!#$.....i don't think i'm going to try that too much work for little gains. thanks for the links saved me a lot of headaches.
Thursday, February 28, 2008 8:44 AM
Hmm, thanks for the info.. but not really enough info.. -_-.... i guess no one has done the 2.2 eco to 2.4 eco swap on a cavalier yet? :/
It sounds like it would not be difficult - except adapting the BCM/interior electronics to the cavalier's stuff. ( would rather do that than engine management
because i live in california and can't be having check engine lights all the time )

Don't feel confident in doing this swap though.. still looking fore more info.. don't like the cobalt as much but it's looking more and more like i'd be
selling myself short if i got a cavalier again..

Sadly, no more..
Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:06 PM
David Silva wrote:Hmm, thanks for the info.. but not really enough info.. -_-.... i guess no one has done the 2.2 eco to 2.4 eco swap on a cavalier yet? :/
It sounds like it would not be difficult - except adapting the BCM/interior electronics to the cavalier's stuff. ( would rather do that than engine management
because i live in california and can't be having check engine lights all the time )

Don't feel confident in doing this swap though.. still looking fore more info.. don't like the cobalt as much but it's looking more and more like i'd be
selling myself short if i got a cavalier again..

no one can really give you more info cause no one has done it yet. its really all guess work

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:24 AM
i don't mean to be post grave digging or anything.. but i recently found a low mileage 2.4 eco in a junk yard for cheap. i was wondering if this swap had yet been done seeing as how its almost been a year since the last post was made on this subject? if not once again sorry for post grave digging lol
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:28 AM
This is posted probably weekly.....shuff has not changed...it still requires a full standalone or a full car rewire...basically no one has done it cause it still isnt worth it.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008 1:58 PM
al roe wrote:i don't mean to be post grave digging or anything.. but i recently found a low mileage 2.4 eco in a junk yard for cheap. i was wondering if this swap had yet been done seeing as how its almost been a year since the last post was made on this subject? if not once again sorry for post grave digging lol

Sell it to me, im in need of an LE5.

No one has done this yet.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search