I have issues - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I have issues
Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:15 AM
I race on a asphalt circle track. aprox 1/3 mile when I am coming off of the corners the car dosen't pick up and go like it normally does. I only have this problem in the features after about 7 or 8 laps or so. Like I said half way down the straights it's all good going into the turns it's all good, but when I come off the corners it don't go like it normally does. Any help would be great.

99 sunfire, 2.2, auto 4 speed

Re: I have issues
Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:34 AM
Maybe the transmission fluid is sloshing around in the pan and you're actually not getting the power to the ground for a second or two? I would try and check the fluid first, then diagnose whatever else could be wrong.

My Cardomain Page
Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:41 AM
running a transmission fluid cooler? if not, you should.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:42 AM
I have check the fluid and it's all good I even filled it slightly over for that exact reason. Plus it is moving forward under power but it's just like I am at half throttle for about 100 feet or so.
Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:50 AM
he means you should be running an additional trans cooler. its like another rad.

The Bottle Bomb is getting parted out:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/47668/
Thursday, September 06, 2007 10:47 AM
got one in there already
Thursday, September 06, 2007 1:17 PM
have a temp gauge ??? are you running in 2nd gear the whole time?
Friday, September 07, 2007 9:37 AM
yes 2nd gear all the time my water temp reads normal don't have a trans temp gauge though
Friday, September 07, 2007 8:39 PM
Don't overfill your trans. Too much fluid leads to aeration. Clutchpacks don't like foam, and don't engage so well with it.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search