engine swaps - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
engine swaps
Thursday, September 06, 2007 7:36 AM
i recieved my sport compacts magazine and in it was a list of motors the cavalier could swap to. these included a eclipce all wheel drive engine and tranny all the way to a evo IX and evo X engine and tranny swaps. has any one ever attempted these swaps. and if u have how god awful was the swap.

Re: engine swaps
Thursday, September 06, 2007 8:18 AM
ive never heard of the evo swap.. how would the awd fit in? they really said that in the magazine huh....

"Z24 Dustbunny"
Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:14 AM
matt schramm wrote:i recieved my sport compacts magazine and in it was a list of motors the cavalier could swap to. these included a eclipce all wheel drive engine and tranny all the way to a evo IX and evo X engine and tranny swaps. has any one ever attempted these swaps. and if u have how god awful was the swap.

Anything is possible. I guarantee you none of the people in that magazine "ACTUALLY" completed the swap. Mounting the engine and tranny would be the "EASY" part (and I use the term as loosely as possible). To answer your question though, I doubt anyone actually attempted it on here. but I can guarantee you no one has completed it. For the amount it would cost, you could build a RWD v8 cav/fire for much cheaper...and at least there are parts available to purchase to make it a little "EASIER" to swap.

More importantly, though...this belongs in the noobs section.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:41 AM
oh god not another 1 of these gat dam threads !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep the rice in the rice

Thursday, September 06, 2007 11:28 AM
I'd like a hit of whatever the author of that article was smoking. Sounds like it's the good isht.

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Thursday, September 06, 2007 3:42 PM
matt schramm wrote:i recieved my sport compacts magazine and in it was a list of motors the cavalier could swap to. these included a eclipce all wheel drive engine and tranny all the way to a evo IX and evo X engine and tranny swaps.

That's just great. Some retard sitting at a desk decided to list engines that will technicly fit into a car as "swaps you can do"...

I used to read that mag, but now I just find no redeeming qualities in it. I think the last time I picked one up on the rack, there were more pages of wheel advertisements than anything useful.

Thursday, September 06, 2007 5:29 PM
all those little tunerboy mags are rice to the max........... only magazineI read anymore is racecar engineering (UK based)

daily: 99 civic Si
deceased: 95 cavy '00 LD9 auto swap (vandalized)
Friday, September 07, 2007 9:20 AM
I used to be a fan of SCC, Turbo, Modified, and the other "tuner" mags, but I've kind of grown out of that trend.

The only 2 mags I subscribe to now are Grassroots Motorsports, and Road and Track, you might say my taste has refined itself somewhat. Or, that I don't care what it looks like as long as it can dance around the track.

Friday, September 07, 2007 8:41 PM
Road & Track is a fantastic magaize. Their tech tidbits, written by a real mechanical engineer, hell I find the stuff flying over MY head sometimes, and I like to think I'm pretty smart at this stuff!

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Friday, September 07, 2007 8:42 PM
Errrrr....magazine...don't come across as too smart when I can't spell

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Saturday, September 08, 2007 3:50 AM
LOL...... I think the origonal poster is mistaken if we're talking about Sport Compact Car.

One of the issues mentioned some crazy swap ideas for a few different vehicles. One of them they said would absouletly love to see someone put a 4g63 into a Cavalier. They mentioned that it would be bonus points if someone swapped the AWD version rather than the FWD.

It wasn't a realistic swap that's been done or is planning to be done by anyone, just a crazy idea.

Saturday, September 08, 2007 4:36 AM
Well that sounds a little more reasonable then. I was seriously wondering what the hell was up with someone just sitting around saying "here's some swaps you can do with your car".

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search