Bore tb - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bore tb
Tuesday, September 04, 2007 3:15 PM
Does any body on here port and bore tb out? i do not feel like spending $200 for one on the internet.

Re: Bore tb
Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:07 PM
find someone local to do it for you

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:56 PM
SMG will hook you up for about $170.00

and remember, 58mm AT THE BUTTERFLY is all you can bore a stock 2.4 TB to. dont let anybody fool you into thinking they have bigger then 58mm AT THE BUTTERFLY, because if they do-its not on a running car.

tapered is doable, but the butterfly is what matters.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007 1:38 PM
^You must havn't seen a sleve'd TB before then. With a sleeve insert you can go alot further, how much further I dont know. But I'm thinking 66-69mm would be possible out of it.
Thursday, September 06, 2007 2:54 PM
^^ nope, never actually SEEN that done. heard a lot of talk about it tho, nobody has ever shown pics that i know of.

here is my stocker bored 58mm by SMG:

as you can plainly see the vaccum port/hole in the very center would be useless if you go and larger as well as the seperated sections for the other sensors and vaccum's would no longer function correctly as the walls of them would be completly gone-they are literally the thickness of a couple sheets of paper NOW. idk what exactly is envolved with 'sleeving' it... but i still dont see how it could work.

Friday, September 07, 2007 10:54 PM
^Cant argue with a picture like that saying that 58mm is the largest you can go. Sleeving works by boring beyond the wals and such and then trowing a sleeve in there with the stock sized ports open in the wall of the sleeve to act as tho the material was still there. I dont know how much since that makes, but I dont have a picture. The limiting factor when running a sleeve is how far you can go and still maintain the basic structures of the throttle-body.
Saturday, September 08, 2007 8:13 AM
ok gotcha, so the sleeve actually takes place of those 'walls' ... i get it.

but wouldnt u still lose the vaccum port in the center? if you go any bigger that whole section would basically cease to exsist.

Saturday, September 08, 2007 8:53 AM
this any good?

http://mrzperformance.vstore.ca/product_info.php/cPath/23_24_28/products_id/21

60 or 62mm

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Saturday, September 08, 2007 12:59 PM
i got a 63mm on mine. runs fine
Saturday, September 08, 2007 4:27 PM
yeah the eco ones are bigger then the 2.4's STOCK, and i believe u can actually just bore them to up to 62mm i think. no sleeves nessesary I THINK. lol...

Saturday, September 08, 2007 6:04 PM
z yaaaa wrote:yeah the eco ones are bigger then the 2.4's STOCK, and i believe u can actually just bore them to up to 62mm i think. no sleeves nessesary I THINK. lol...

that sounds right to me too Z yaaaa

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search