faster revs - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
faster revs
Monday, June 25, 2007 8:14 PM
How would i make my 2200 rev faster? not rev to a higher rpm limit but rev faster... i know a lighter valvetrain and underdrive pulleys would help, but is there anything beyond that, that can help?

Re: faster revs
Monday, June 25, 2007 8:22 PM
aluminum flywheel would make the most difference, but probably the most expensive too.

Monday, June 25, 2007 8:26 PM
Anything that rotates on or attached to the engine. The lighter the easier the car will rev....plain and simple.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, June 25, 2007 8:28 PM
ty guys u never fail
Monday, June 25, 2007 8:33 PM
-MD- LD9 how much faster you think it'll rev with your pulleys?
Monday, June 25, 2007 8:36 PM
where do i find any pulleys ive looked everywhere and ive searched... cant find em
Monday, June 25, 2007 9:33 PM
Well if your lucky enough to even locate a set of cav connection pulleys you could get those. BUT you will need to get a 4 rib belt or a 6 rib and cut one off.

OR........you can get in on MDLD9's GP for the pulleys he designed and is getting into production. I sold my cav connection pulleys so I could get his when he got to that point where they would be avaliable....and I will be ordering mine within the next 2 weeks.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:05 AM
Ryan Shissler wrote:-MD- LD9 how much faster you think it'll rev with your pulleys?

I never sat down and timed my revs.... on my LD9. I know it revs faster. Mastin said, his LD9 revved faster as well. How much fast I do not know. My car is dead right now...bad water pump and dieing cylinder #3...so I can not really tell you, or give you a close guess. It will rev faster, I'll asure you of that.
OHV CAV wrote:where do i find any pulleys ive looked everywhere and ive searched... cant find em

Me, car connections, and theres another that is made for the 2.2 S10 boys. Can not remember the name right now. Click my Signature if you want more info on my pulleys.
JUCNBST wrote:.....you can get in on MDLD9's GP for the pulleys he designed and is getting into production. I sold my cav connection pulleys so I could get his when he got to that point where they would be available....and I will be ordering mine within the next 2 weeks.

Could you add yourself to the list please even if you do not plain on paying for a few weeks.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 4:29 AM
JUCNBST wrote:Well if your lucky enough to even locate a set of cav connection pulleys you could get those. BUT you will need to get a 4 rib belt or a 6 rib and cut one off.

OR........you can get in on MDLD9's GP for the pulleys he designed and is getting into production. I sold my cav connection pulleys so I could get his when he got to that point where they would be avaliable....and I will be ordering mine within the next 2 weeks.

I am a lucky one to get the cav connections pullies and WOW def locate soem or get some lighter smaller pullies.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 7:33 PM
thats what i like to hear -MD- LD9
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search