Header Question 2200 OHV - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Header Question 2200 OHV
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 11:34 PM
Hi
Got a 99 cavalier 3spd auto trans OHV
I am going to purchase a pacesetter header from my friend cause he is going to boost his sunfire.
The header will fit onto my car but i was wondering how much of a job this will be to bolt it on myself without lift.
I have ramps and will i have to remove the engine?
Any advice would be great.

Re: Header Question 2200 OHV
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 12:22 AM
no need to remove engine. Alternator and bracket needs to come off, and I believe the dipstick tube must come off. Once those are off, and the stock manifold and downpipe are off, I think you ought to be able to wiggle the header down from up top, not too sure though. With ramps you may have enough room anyway to go bottom up. Try one way, and if it won't work, try the other way.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 6:44 AM
you're not going to be able to get it from the top...with a high enough ramp or jack stands you should be ok from bottom. If i remember correctly we had to take off the starter to get the header up. Good luck.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 11:27 AM
I did the install on a 2002 OHV. I only took off the alternator, and diptube. I cannot for the life of me remember how we got the thing in the bay, I know it took some persuasion, but I didnt have to take anything off the car, and It was only jacked up on the right front tire!

What a ghetto operation that was, but it wasnt hard by any means. Id say 5/10 difficulty, just because you have to re-locate the o2 sensor. Otherwise its like 10 bolts and some shoving pretty much.
Wednesday, June 06, 2007 4:33 PM
wow ok thnx for the tips guys

Friday, June 08, 2007 8:49 PM
also where the header meets the down tube u will have to trim about a quarter inch off of the one corner
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search