rebuild - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rebuild
Monday, June 04, 2007 7:14 PM
how much should it cost me to rebuild the motor? im just wanting it to run like new and nothing big

set the example, never let the example set you.

Re: rebuild
Monday, June 04, 2007 9:10 PM
how deep you looking to go? i did mine for about 700, doing all the labour myself

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 6:29 AM
holy @!#$. how did you manage to do it for 700. OEM parts cost more then performance in most cases. Did you replace pistons and rods as well or just the rings, seals/gaskets, lines, plugs, wires, ect. i'm going to guess you work for GMGoodwrench or something.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 6:53 AM
Fel-pro has a full gasket set for the Eco for $300ish....Can be ordered from Napa auto parts. Also when I was going to rebuild my LD9 motor it was cheaper to get after-market performance parts. My part list cost was around 2500....with out labor. I am buying a new GM motor p/n 12465498 99-02 or 12462258 97-98, because I can not find an ok junk yard one. If I was you I would get a junk yard motor... It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than rebuilding the motor. I personally do not think you could rebuild the motor for $700, and replace pistons, rods, rings, seals/gaskets, lines, plugs, wires, ect.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:03 AM
i replaced: pisons, cam, crank, rings, lifters, ALL bearings, ALL gaskets, oil pump, water pump, all o-rings, freeze plugs, pretty much everything with the exception of the connecting rods. i only replaced one of those. f'n thing cost me $130 from the dealership. which was before i knew eagle rods could be had for mych cheaper than oe. but then again, this is the ohv i have, you have teh eco. results may vary.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search