Intake is an inake, right? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Intake is an inake, right?
Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:28 PM

Just asking because there is a "Universal" intake at the Advanced Autoparts and was wondering how well that might work. Looks like a piece of flexible black tubing that connects to some aluminum piping and a filter. I figure if there werent enough bends, i could buy the individual pieces they sell. I figured w/ that price it'd be the same as if I bought an Ebay intake plus id have it now. any ideas?

Nate

Re: Intake is an inake, right?
Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:31 PM
anythign will work

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:36 PM
anything that increases air intake will help, although the more pieces an intake has to connect, the ridges it has and bends it has, the less power you will notice...then again dont expect to buy an intake and gain 15-20 hp whether its autozone or aem.

PROUD MEMBER OF JBOK.

Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:38 PM
as long as there are few bends and smooth on the inside the biggest diffrence will be the filter.

Sunday, June 03, 2007 7:56 PM
I heard to make sure it connects to the throttle body not the silencer box ... most ebay/cheap intakes I seen connect to the silencer box

Sunday, June 03, 2007 8:19 PM
your intake should delete all of the stock boxes and piping. what you should be left with is a cone filter on the end of a tube that goes straight to the throttle body, of course with a bung for your IAT.
Sunday, June 03, 2007 8:32 PM
just get one off ebay it'll be cheaper than Autozone

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, June 03, 2007 8:38 PM
My autozone intake was $60 i think, i pieced it together and glued it together and painted it. it has 2 bends in it and its 3" piping. its a bit large maybe, but i think it looks mean. This was before I could use ebay.
Sunday, June 03, 2007 8:55 PM
I got an ebay short ram intake ....(the one in my sig) how much power do you think it added I was thinkin maybe 1 horse and like 2 or 3 pounds of weight reduction lol

***Looking for a BLUE 03+ STOCK cavi wing pm me if ya got one you wanna sell***

Monday, June 04, 2007 6:26 AM
I spent maybe $20 at the autoparts store for my intake. I ended up having to cut it down also because it was to long to work with the HO manifold. Of course that is $20 without the filter.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search