well that was fast (detonation... motor blew,.. need help) - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
well that was fast (detonation... motor blew,.. need help)
Friday, June 01, 2007 6:54 PM
So I found out what happens when you tune your supercharged car with meth to cool it and you don't pay attention and there's no meth in your tank... you get detonation and car go boom. So I haven't torn down the motor yet to find out exactly what happened, but you can feel pressure comin out of the engine oil hole. I know nothing about the insides so this is where you guys come in. I have up to a 3,000 budget for everything (including any labor of what I can't do) so i'm lookin to see what parts are good upgrade replacements. I think i'm gonna go .20 over, forged pistons, eagle rods. I think i'll do the secret cam swap while the motor is apart anyway, and i also have to get a clutch and flywheel still. Any help or links would be great... I posted this as I didn't see a 2.4 build sticky (although there is an eco tec one)... I may end up doing a complete motor swap if the damage is too excessive so i'll keep that in the back of my head as well

Thanks in advance

www.alterimpact.com
www.cardomain.com/id/sweet98gagt

Re: well that was fast (detonation... motor blew,.. need help)
Friday, June 01, 2007 8:20 PM
rods and pistons themselves with cost about $700. and labor on a 20 overbore can get expensive. id hold off on gettting parts for a build until the motor is apart cause you dont know what shape the block is in.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, June 02, 2007 8:59 AM
not really, 0.020 over, machining and hot tanking only cost me 180 CND.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Saturday, June 02, 2007 10:50 AM
yeah i'm definitely just getting some rough ideas... i definitely am waiting til we tear it down to see whats going on

if there aren't any 2.4 build stickies, and i end up redoing the whole motor i'll make a sick thread with everything & pics for everyone else to look at when they are ready to rebuild their motor

www.alterimpact.com
www.cardomain.com/id/sweet98gagt
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search