How much quieter are longer glasspacks? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How much quieter are longer glasspacks?
Friday, June 01, 2007 1:47 PM
Hi, I just want to know how much quieter a 6 inch longer glasspack would be? For now I've a 20" (core) / 25 " (overall) thrush glasspack. Thanks.

---
coming soon...

Re: How much quieter are longer glasspacks?
Friday, June 01, 2007 3:15 PM
It will baffle some of that gargely noise a little more, but it won't make a huge difference...either way glass packs are loud.

Saturday, June 02, 2007 7:52 AM
That means it will make the sound a little deeper/smoother but not much quieter, right?

What can I do? The UltraFlo (straight-through) rear muffler takes it all down to nearly stock volume (what I do NOT want). So I tried it without, but only the glasspack is WAY TO LOUD (but sounds nice, hehe). So I thought a longer glasspack would help, and than a side exit (right after the drivers door). If I remove the glasspack and use only the UltraFlo it's loud enough, but sounds raspy. Please help

---
coming soon...
Saturday, June 02, 2007 11:29 AM
I'm running a 24 or 26 in reasonator with a flowmaster 40 series muffler 2.25 piping form header back and I love the way it sounds. Nice and smooth at idle and getting on it lightly. But when you go wot it gets louder and is not raspy like other 4 bangers. Just my .o2

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search