Is it safe to run injector cleaner through RC's? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is it safe to run injector cleaner through RC's?
Thursday, May 31, 2007 6:24 AM
Just wondering if it would be ok to run some injector cleaner through my RC Engineering injectors, they've seen quite a few miles and to my knowledge have never been cleaned.

Wanna be safe and not mess them up is all. Any special kind or brand anybody would recommend?

Thanks.

Re: Is it safe to run injector cleaner through RC's?
Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:30 AM
dont see why not, they're just injectors....best stuff out there is chevron with techron if your looking for an in tank solution.
Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:37 AM
Seafoam in your gas tank?

Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:45 AM
not seafoam, chevron fuel additive that is SUPPOSED to go in your tank. I have seen models of all the popular fuel system cleaners after running, and tear down & the Chevron was the ONLY one that you could visibly see a difference with....not that you will really notice it. Seafoam sux, in my opinion...at least as an injector cleaner.
Thursday, May 31, 2007 11:03 AM
I am sorry you had no luck with Seafoam. Seafoam kicks ass in my opinion.

Brad I see no problem using Injector Cleaner.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, May 31, 2007 12:37 PM
Well, I think I'll try and contact RC Engineering and see what they say, I didn't buy them myself, they came on my '97 Z when I bought it, so I never got any sort of spec sheet, matinence schedule or anything.

I'll run by the GM dealer see if they have anything special they use.

Thanks guys.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:01 PM
GM Dealers generally use a BG fuel system treatment (at least the ones out my way), which requires special "appliances" ,so to speak, to run it through the motor. It looks like they hook up your car to an IV, and it dripps the stuff in. This type of fuel system cleaner works much better than in tank treatments, but if you dont have the equipment or know hoe to do it, dont try, as you can easily hydrolock your motor. It is also pretty price to do usually.
Thursday, May 31, 2007 2:04 PM
John Benham wrote:GM Dealers generally use a BG fuel system treatment (at least the ones out my way), which requires special "appliances" ,so to speak, to run it through the motor. It looks like they hook up your car to an IV, and it dripps the stuff in. This type of fuel system cleaner works much better than in tank treatments, but if you dont have the equipment or know hoe to do it, dont try, as you can easily hydrolock your motor. It is also pretty price to do usually.

Does it actually help more than say just the average in-tank stuff? I may look into this...

Thursday, May 31, 2007 2:54 PM
yes. this kind of fuel system cleaning is far superior, with much better (even noticable) results. I would recomend going someplace that has a multi step process that usually includes cleaning the throttle body with cleaner, an in tank additive, and the suction feed goodness that hangs from the IV. Most national chain stores have it, and will sometimes have a sale on it, so check your local papers. I have used a few different types of this style cleaner, and havent noticed a difference between brands, but if you have a lot of miles on your car, and havent kept stuff clean, you will notice a difference in performance and gas consumption. If your around Western PA I have all the stuff to do it, all I would charge is for the chemicals (which you cant buy at the store due to what I said above)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search