Cooling question? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cooling question?
Sunday, May 27, 2007 1:04 AM
Will the radiator and dual fan setup from the Grand Ams fit in our cars and is there any cooling benefit to it, the reason I ask is because a friend of mine has a 99 ram air GA that I'm going to take the front brakes and aluminum front control arms off of and wondered if it might be worthwhile to get the rad and fans to.

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.

Re: Cooling question?
Sunday, May 27, 2007 11:32 PM
Hmmm..... dunno much bout the newer cavis, but my sister has an 03 grand AM GT 3.4L V6 ram air... and to get her radiator out when it needed a new one, you had to pull the whole front of the car off basically, front bumper cover, headlights, ect. fans..ehhh maybe.. never seen the cavi fans... but might take some work to make em fit.. custom brakets or sumthin... but really i dont see a point.. just buy some fans and put em in.. like universal ones, and a better cavi radiator... i dont see the point in going through all the trouble, just for that.. but thats me...

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Monday, May 28, 2007 5:57 AM
anything is possible.
Monday, May 28, 2007 6:56 AM
There are certain models of GM cars the have the dual fans, that use the same drivers side mounts. It's the passenger side mounting that will need to be fabricated/modified to work. One fan can be connected to the stock plug, but you best bet is to wire the second fan to it's own relay and wiring, as not to over-load the stock wiring. The second fan can be wired through a manual switch and/or thermostatic switch, so that it only runs when needed.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 10:56 PM
Thanks guys, I picked up another stock fan and wiring from the yard and yea I'm going to hook it up to it's own relay but I will wire it so that when the stock fan comes on so will the second. Reason being I'm building a turbo motor and the intercooler will be sitting in front of the rad and I just want to ensure no cooling issues.

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 9:43 AM
There was a post in the 3rd gen forums about doing the 2 fan swap off a malibu....the same as a gm it i remember correctly. anyway here is the link.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=30&i=35441&t=29140&p=1

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search