Homemade Upper mount for 2.4. - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Homemade Upper mount for 2.4.
Sunday, May 27, 2007 8:52 AM
Ok.... This weekend I got bored and decided to try this mod I saw on a few other forums where you take Windsheild Urethane and fill in your mounts. I assume its works for all the mounts cept our dogbone lower type we have. Its suppose to make them firmer..... blah blah blah. So after getting some high viscosity windsheild urethane from my job crl900hv its a quick cure but takes around 2-4 days to fully cure. I recommend you let it cure for 2 days then install it. Let it idle with a few bumps of the throttle to set it in. Then let it sit for another day or two. If you dont it will just loosen and will not work as well (I found out). The page i got this idea from used 3m from discount but thats $13 compared to $3.50 from my job. It took 2 tubes and still had someleft. ***** Try at your own risk****

1. Support the motor next the lower mount on the passanger side.
** Forgot you need to mover the coolant thingy. (10mm and plires)
2. Unbolt the 3 bolts that hold the mount. Then the two bolts that bolt to the motor. ( 15mm)
3. Take it out.
4. Unbolt the mount so its two parts. (theres 2 bolts 13mm)
5. Clean it real good with a degreaser.
6. Take the urethane and squirt it in every gap you can find.
7. Put the part of the mount on with the two bolts.
8. Keep squirting.
9. Water and your finger to smooth it out.
10. Put on gloves! its too late now! This @!#$ is nasty!!!!

The outcome..... much stiffer!!! Engine barley moves and no vibes! Firmer shifts!!! Im impressed.

Re: Homemade Upper mount for 2.4.
Sunday, May 27, 2007 10:18 AM
I hope you never have to take that mount apart...

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, May 27, 2007 11:58 AM
actually in going to ditch it for the TTR one soon. i have the lower and tranny mounts on the way. just need cash and im going to throw the stock one out anyway.
Monday, May 28, 2007 5:32 PM
I actually like the mount! It got a little stiffer since I installed it. Feels great compared to what I had before... The engine barley moves. Once I get my rk lower mount and poly trans mounts from TTR I will see how it does then. Later I might get the TTR upper and see how it is compared to this one. But I really like the results.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007 10:00 AM
im thinking of redoing the mounts in my 2.2 5spd, could somone direct me to a thread that might have pictures?

Thanks.

Thrice . wrote:i think you should go back and try to actually order some cam valves. see if he has any in stock. then ask him to give you an actual price and show you the website or anything legit about where he orders from...for all you know he is this dumb, and orders things that don't exist....he's probably got 10 of those ebay transistors that gave him eleventy hundred pony power....what a douche.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 5:13 PM
Here ya go....link
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search