Performance chips - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Performance chips
Saturday, May 26, 2007 8:12 PM
Those little resistor performance chips that you connect to your IAT sensor on the intake. Do they do anything or what?

Re: Performance chips
Saturday, May 26, 2007 8:23 PM
there is an article on this in another section...im too lasy to look...but NO

I BELEIVE all it does is cause the engine to send more gas, and makes you run very rich.

I betcha some gas company created this idea... because it kills off your gas mileage.

I got an odd qiestion, ill post in the "off topic section"

Thrice . wrote:i think you should go back and try to actually order some cam valves. see if he has any in stock. then ask him to give you an actual price and show you the website or anything legit about where he orders from...for all you know he is this dumb, and orders things that don't exist....he's probably got 10 of those ebay transistors that gave him eleventy hundred pony power....what a douche.

Saturday, May 26, 2007 8:32 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=215434&t=215434
about 3 paragraphs down, under ebay scams.

Close thread please.

Thrice . wrote:i think you should go back and try to actually order some cam valves. see if he has any in stock. then ask him to give you an actual price and show you the website or anything legit about where he orders from...for all you know he is this dumb, and orders things that don't exist....he's probably got 10 of those ebay transistors that gave him eleventy hundred pony power....what a douche.

Saturday, May 26, 2007 9:31 PM
a performance chip goes into your cars computer. it does not attatch to any sensor in the car

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, May 26, 2007 9:41 PM
If you have a highly modified car the resistor might actually work. You can gain up to 20 - 30 HP (was told by a "performance" tech as to a cheap mod) only if and only if your car is HIGHLY modified. But there is no need to pay 20 bucks for it you can just go to radio shack....AGAIN highly modified
Sunday, May 27, 2007 8:29 AM
actually they lean out your engine... making for a lil quicker acceleration, but at the same time slowly weakining your pistons and causing them to melt to the sleve.... a.k.a....bad idea

SOLD....

Sunday, May 27, 2007 12:59 PM
illdwes . wrote:If you have a highly modified car the resistor might actually work. You can gain up to 20 - 30 HP (was told by a "performance" tech as to a cheap mod) only if and only if your car is HIGHLY modified. But there is no need to pay 20 bucks for it you can just go to radio shack....AGAIN highly modified

if your car was "highly modified", you wouldn't be using a 20 dollar resistor to tune for fuel. the tech who told you that probably doesn't know what hes talking about.

Sunday, May 27, 2007 11:03 PM
illdwes . wrote:If you have a highly modified car the resistor might actually work. You can gain up to 20 - 30 HP (was told by a "performance" tech as to a cheap mod) only if and only if your car is HIGHLY modified. But there is no need to pay 20 bucks for it you can just go to radio shack....AGAIN highly modified

tell this "tech" he is a moron. then stab him in the eye with a hot french fry

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, May 28, 2007 12:34 AM
Yea, the mod works to a sense, but it shouldn't even really be classified as a real mod since it's pointless to have and can wear down the engine. It makes your car run very rich since it makes the engine think it's getting colder air. Colder air, means that there is more oxygen per square inch than warmer air, so it tries to balance this out by adding more fuel to the mix. This usually causes a very bad carbon buildup in the engine and exhaust and slowly killing your engine. But since it's putting more fuel in the mix, it is burning a little more fuel than normal and that gives for a bit more explosion and thus more power, but it's not very efficient since most of the added fuel will go to waste.

And to respond to the post about a 'highly modified car'...Yea it sort of makes sense, since if you dump most of your money into a turbo and don't have any money for HP tuners, then the mod will help a little to ballance the fuel mix to the extra oxygen slammed into the engine from the turbo. But again, it's highly inefficient at even that.

So to be honest, this little resistor is NOT even worth a penny. infact, go find out how much your engine costs, add a negative symbol to the front of that and that is what this mod is worth to you.
Monday, May 28, 2007 5:43 AM
well i understand what you guys are saying...and he may very well be a moron (the tech). But to me in theory it kinda makes sense but as stated above prolly not a good idea...
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:47 PM
illdwes . wrote:well i understand what you guys are saying...and he may very well be a moron (the tech). But to me in theory it kinda makes sense but as stated above prolly not a good idea...

Making power has more to it than just adding gas, if your not burning all that gas your running rich and fouling up your plugs and depositing unnecessary levels of unburnt crap into your exhaust.

Better off spending some cash on a K&N intake and increasing your flow!

-Chris

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:59 PM
what is this rice week? I've seen fans in the intake, butterflies in the exhaust and now serious discussion on the ebay chip makine 20hp on a "highly" modified car

..what is wrong with you guys lately lol

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 8:16 PM
lmao, and PJ FTW. but to be honest i'd rather butterfly in that exhaust then a unicorn jumpin around pokin holes and @!#$ting in my air filter.

if no-one got that, youtube dane cook.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:54 AM
Those chips are called "pigybacks" not performance chips.

hey 99redz24, I noticed the french fry thing, are you a Foamy fan?
give it up for http://www.illwillpress.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search