headers....PICS inside - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
headers....PICS inside
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:52 PM
so a friend of mine who has a cav bought these headers......are these what everyone else has? for some reason they dont look right...eh idk. if you have pics of your headers for a 2.4 post please

Re: headers....PICS inside
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:01 PM
i guess to clear up some confusion i might cause, the reason why i think it looks odd, is cuz i dont know where it goes on the engine haha...so if people can also show me where at it connects to the engine that will help also...thanks

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:12 PM
well...i dont have a header....so i dont know exactly what it looks like...but.....it replaces ur exhaust manifold.....if that helps

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:18 PM
not a 2.4 guy ... but do this...

Pop the hood

Look behind the engine ( the part of the engine right by the fire wall)

there will be a rusty colors thing that has 4 pipes connected to it with the rest of the exhaust connected to that

thats were that new shinny header ( no S in there) goes.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:07 PM
Wow.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:15 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:Wow.

-Chris-

i was thinknig the samething

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:39 PM
looks right to me. had mine put on not too long ago. cost me a fair bit, i guess they didnt quite figt right in.
to see how it will go hold the header so the bottem end is pointing down and the top would be against the back of the motor. the second peace (down pipe) the wide end fits agenst the haeder and will cause the pipe to leavel off. it hard to explain but the haeder pionts down then the down pipe curves to make it face the back of the car and hook into the stock exhaust right befor the cat.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:22 PM
99redz24 wrote:

-Chris-

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 11:57 PM
doug the pipe with the lil tiny pipe hooked to and goes into the flange (the part with the 4 ports in it) goes twords the driver side (left) if you were sitting in your car

this lil tube is for your EGR system. its pretty straight forward once u get the exhuast mani out, it goes in pretty much the same way.

wheres about iowa are u located?

Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:20 AM
yes that is the 2.4 twin cam header

looks identical to mine

other than its the grand am , with the o2 on the wrong side

check with caspers electronics and see if they have a o2 extension that will work with your o2 sensor plug

Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:54 AM
z yaaaa wrote:doug the pipe with the lil tiny pipe hooked to and goes into the flange (the part with the 4 ports in it) goes twords the driver side (left) if you were sitting in your car

this lil tube is for your EGR system. its pretty straight forward once u get the exhuast mani out, it goes in pretty much the same way.

i am located in boone, 15-20 minutes west of ames and 45 minutes northwest of desmoines

and the "wow" is for what??? i have explained in other posts that i am a noob in the performance section and am 100% more familiar with the exterior/interior due to i had a tuned stratus (stratusphere.net) where there weren't much performance mods to learn from....guess you guys dont have patience but thanks to those who explained how the headers fit into place i appreciate it very much

Thursday, April 26, 2007 3:11 AM
515Cavy wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:doug the pipe with the lil tiny pipe hooked to and goes into the flange (the part with the 4 ports in it) goes twords the driver side (left) if you were sitting in your car

i am located in boone, 15-20 minutes west of ames and 45 minutes northwest of desmoines

and the "wow" is for what??? i have explained in other posts that i am a noob in the performance section and am 100% more familiar with the exterior/interior due to i had a tuned stratus (stratusphere.net) where there weren't much performance mods to learn from....guess you guys dont have patience but thanks to those who explained how the headers fit into place i appreciate it very much

God DANG IT IT S A HEADER not Header's!!!! Headers are 4 V6 and bigger engines that have 2 exhaust manifolds, and you dont gotta know performance to know that. Its common sense.....

OK sorry to go off in your post, and its not really you im ragging on, jsut iv eseen so many headers this, headers that posts the last few months i ready to kick peoples teeth in and take thier cars from them. *sigh*

Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:45 AM
Scorpio1 (blu03lambocavi) wrote:
515Cavy wrote:

God DANG IT IT S A HEADER not Header's!!!! Headers are 4 V6 and bigger engines that have 2 exhaust manifolds, and you dont gotta know performance to know that. Its common sense.....

OK sorry to go off in your post, and its not really you im ragging on, jsut iv eseen so many headers this, headers that posts the last few months i ready to kick peoples teeth in and take thier cars from them. *sigh*

WTF?!? He got on here to request some help and to understand what it is! Don't bite his head off. So what if he called it headers.
people call wheels rims all the @!#$ time. So I guess when you post on here you have to know all the answers, and know what and the proper way to say and spell everything. The only reason people call them headers, is that for so many years the only cars that had them were V8 cars, so they grew up calling them headers. Get overyourself and if your not going to help, or just enjoy ranting and flaming noobs, for not using proper names for @!#$. do us all and the server a favor and don't even post.

515cav:
That is the proper header for the 2.4, but if yoursdoes not have an egr you need an new exhaust gasket for your car or have someone weld that tube closed. I installed that same header and when I turned on the car the exhaust was coming out of head
where the egr is. To see if you car has an egr look where the intake manifold bolts to the cylinder head. On the left there should either a metal cylidrical part with a harness pluged in, that is the egr. If it does not there should be clean peice of aluminum with three small holes with a bigger hole.
Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:15 AM
His profile lists a 98, so it's got EGR. Other than the O2 sensor on the wrong side, you're good to go

Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:29 AM
and no...its not common sense....90 % of the people at my school wouldn't have known that so you are wrong....just because people are not as smart about engines as you are doesn't mean we automatically know the correct grammar for size of cars

Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:48 AM
and again wow

13.1 @ 115
Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:32 AM
....is this guy legally aloud to own a car let alone drive one?.......so thats a wow from me as well.....

Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:42 AM
way to give new members a bad impression of the members on the forum......good work guys

Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:03 AM
JoeyDaBomb wrote:
99redz24 wrote:

-Chris-

Welcome to the J-body community, some days it scares me, having come from the 2nd and 3rd gen Camaro community. Seems like there's a few hardcore members around here that are very knowledgable, and a bunch of ricer boys that think vinyl adds horsepower.

There will always be someone faster than you, but thousands slower and dumber than you.
Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:52 PM
515Cavy wrote:and no...its not common sense....90 % of the people at my school wouldn't have known that so you are wrong....just because people are not as smart about engines as you are doesn't mean we automatically know the correct grammar for size of cars

logical deduction for some would lead them to beleive it would go where the exhaust exits the engine. weither they know cars or not.
since when you pop your hood on a 2.4 you are looking at the engine, you dont see anything that resembles what is in that pic you posted. so common sense would lead people to think it goes somewhere else. so then you would look where it would go

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:53 PM

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, April 26, 2007 5:38 PM
Thrice . wrote:....is this guy legally aloud to own a car let alone drive one?.......so thats a wow from me as well.....

am i legal to own and drive a car? no not at all dude im only 19 almost 20 years old and have a perfect driving record but you seem to beleive im not legally of age to drive and own car you sure hit the spot right there i wish i had as much knowledge as you do. how about instead of trying to bring me down and only making you look like an ass, you could have taken the 2 minutes (if that) to explain. but yet you probably had to take the 5-10 mins to come up with a smart-ass remark. and i agree with what chris said, a select few of you have made a bad impression of the forum you represent. the forum i came from (stratusphere.net) they know how to show class, maybe a few of you should take a trip over there and see how they treat and respect their members.....just my .02 and once again thank you and i appreciate those who have helped

Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:05 PM
No need to go and get your panties in a knot dude, thing is on this forum there is A LOT of hardcore newbies, and I think people just get sick of seeing it all the time, because lets face it, Cavaliers and Sunfires are a lot of people's first cars.

Calm down, take a deep breath, you got the answers you needed. People around here are probably just sick of the newbie questions, I know it sounds harsh, but it's just the way it is I guess.

There will always be someone faster than you, but thousands slower and dumber than you.
Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:07 PM

13.1 @ 115
Thursday, April 26, 2007 6:45 PM
F-body Guy wrote:No need to go and get your panties in a knot dude, thing is on this forum there is A LOT of hardcore newbies, and I think people just get sick of seeing it all the time, because lets face it, Cavaliers and Sunfires are a lot of people's first cars.

Calm down, take a deep breath, you got the answers you needed. People around here are probably just sick of the newbie questions, I know it sounds harsh, but it's just the way it is I guess.

If people are sick of the "newbie" questions they need not post,give this guy a break.Yes he should have maybe posted this in the newbie forum but I think he got the correct info. he needed from the people who aren't troll flamers!Alot of you guys' are cool but some of you that are premium need to go to the aag or ag forums,grab a bag of popcorn and look at some poontang

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:14 PM
I'm not hating on this guy in particular, he's just ignorant, thats all (as in, unknowing, I'm not calling anybody names here) just like i'm entirely ignorant of tuning Some people probably just got fed up I guess, because back in the day before forums, people would go out and look first, not just post. But yea, probably shouldn't have jumped on him so hard, I had the luxury of being taught by family members in the trade for the most part.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search