vacuum gauge install - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
vacuum gauge install
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 1:11 PM
well pretty noob Question where do i make the cut on a 95-99 2.2 to add the T fitting i know its suppose to be the vacuum line but where is it located. is it the one that go's from the valve cover to the manifold? im doing the install today so please help asap Thanks in advance...

Re: vacuum gauge install
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 3:14 PM
no one has done this?

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:27 PM
cant help ya out but try purchasing a haynes/chilton's manual or you could probably just go up to o'reily's or auto zone and just ask them im sure they could tell you where.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:31 PM
I would jsut get a section of vacuum line, and then a tee. Napa is where i got mine, i think vacuum line is a common size.

Get a few inches and a tee. then on my 2002, i just pulled one of the vacuum lines off the TB, put on the section if hose i bought, and installed the tee and reconnected everything. The pre 98 motor has a different intake, but I imagine its the same concept, there has to be a vacuum line connecting to the TB plenum somewhere.

good luck!
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:45 PM
yeah what he said

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:06 PM
i think i found one not 1 hundred percent sure though. i have the T and hose just need to find the right line thanx though.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:31 PM
start the car, pull the line off the TB, if it sucks, its the right line.

Try following the hose off the brake booster to the TB, usually all the vacuum lines are connected there.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:37 PM
i see three lines two smal ones and one slightly bigger there all togetter its on the right side of the TB u think thats it..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search