pacesetter headers? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pacesetter headers?
Monday, April 23, 2007 12:09 PM
i am having trouble finding pacesetter headers for my 98 2.4L. i need a 2.5" collector size and the only ones i can find only fit a 2.2L and are 2.25" collector sizes. anyone that can help me out that would be great

Re: pacesetter headers?
Monday, April 23, 2007 12:51 PM
their collector is 3" and the down pipe is 2 1/4"

you would have to have a custom down pipe made to go with 2 1/2"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 23, 2007 12:52 PM

Monday, April 23, 2007 8:33 PM
alright well does anyone know of any good aftermarket headers with a 2.5"? im not sure if i need that to be collector size or downpipe the rest of my exhaust piping is 2.5" so someone help me out here

Monday, April 23, 2007 9:02 PM
OBX is about the only brand besides DC Sports that i have found a header for a 2.4L. i have heard rumors of OBX headers being non worthy what can i do to make my factory header fit 2.5" exhaust piping?

Monday, April 23, 2007 9:04 PM
Try this link, its for the alero/Grand am, but its the for the same engine, 2.4 twin cam
http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GA3018/ALUNDER/PaceSetter+Headers+-+Grand+Am-Alero.html

GMR has got nothing on this
Monday, April 23, 2007 9:06 PM
We carry the Pacesetter header for the 2.4L and in stock

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Monday, April 23, 2007 9:17 PM
will it bolt up to a 2.5" exhaust piping?

Monday, April 23, 2007 9:19 PM
if so, let me know what shipping is to 50036 and i will buy it....tonight

Monday, April 23, 2007 9:23 PM
so for sure the grand am/alero headers will fit? the ones on that site say it has a 2.5" collector size and a 2.25" intermediate pipe and i have 2.5" exhaust piping so will that work? sorry i am posting a lot but i need answers soon...part of being a newb

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:52 AM
ALL PACESETTER headers hook up to what ever your stock exhuast pipe size is, as it necks down.

Shipping will be given online prior to your purchase.

You can always modify the pacesetter downpipe at an exhaust shop to meet your needs.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 8:20 AM
Group Purchase is all setup just waiting on Dave to approve it. So keep an eye out in the GP forum

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:02 AM
so for sure the grand am/alero 2.4 will fit the cavi 2.4?

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:07 AM
515Cavy wrote:so for sure the grand am/alero 2.4 will fit the cavi 2.4?

well if you are tottally unsure just buy one that says made for cavailer 2.4

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:38 AM
515Cavy wrote:so for sure the grand am/alero 2.4 will fit the cavi 2.4?

For your 2.4L cavalier (1998) you need part number PAC72C1277 (ceramic) or PAC70-1277 (Painted)

Not sure why you are asking about a grand am/alero as you have a Cavalier (that's what your profile says).

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:44 PM
[quote=97trd(???™)]their collector is 3" and the down pipe is 2 1/4"

their headers comes exactly as i wrote it

if your wanting to use a 2 1/2" exhaust , please see highlighted area above

all cavalier systems are set up for either 2" or 2 1/4" , nothing in 2 1/2 , so custom work is REQUIRED

the cavalier and grand am 2.4 headers are the same except for the o2 sensor location , the grand am is on the opposite side of the collector

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 7:26 PM
[quote=97trd(???™)][quote=97trd(???™)]their collector is 3" and the down pipe is 2 1/4"

all cavalier systems are set up for either 2" or 2 1/4" , nothing in 2 1/2 , so custom work is REQUIRED

the cavalier and grand am 2.4 headers are the same except for the o2 sensor location , the grand am is on the opposite side of the collector

ok i understand that. so with the o2 sensor on the other side i am sure i can just tug on the wire a bit and it will make it over there right? or do i have to cut and extend the sensor wires?

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:29 PM
the cavy,alero, and grandam, malibu, and sunfire all have the same 2.4 LD9 engine. If hes talking about the downstream 02 you shouldnt have a issue as long as you have a cat and its installed before it, otherwise you SES light will come on. As for the upstream im not sure of the location since your car year is a 98? But if your in doubt then just get the cavalier ones.

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 2:12 PM
515Cavy wrote:[quote=97trd(???™)][quote=97trd(???™)]their collector is 3" and the down pipe is 2 1/4"

ok i understand that. so with the o2 sensor on the other side i am sure i can just tug on the wire a bit and it will make it over there right? or do i have to cut and extend the sensor wires?

on a cavalier or sunfire you would have to extend the wires for the o2 as well as protect them with a heat sleeve , unless you make them long enough to keep away from the header

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search