Using PLX wideband for narrow and wideband signal - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Using PLX wideband for narrow and wideband signal
Friday, April 20, 2007 10:53 PM
ok so i put my wideband back in the car and im using the wideband to send the 5v signal to my gauge and the 1v narrowband to the stock pcm

My problem is the ground wire, there are 4 wires on the o2 sensor, the two white are fine thats the heater circuit i have that taken care of with a resistor, the gray is the signal wire, i have the narrowband signal here and thats all good

now on the o2 sensor there is a black wire, can i ground my wideband to this?

heres a pic of the control box i made which holds the resistors

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Re: Using PLX wideband for narrow and wideband signal
Saturday, April 21, 2007 6:47 PM
what year and engine is this for? how many wires was the stock o2? what exactly are you trying to ground here, the control box for the wideband?
Sunday, April 22, 2007 12:29 AM
I'm lost....

All I did was plug my PLX narrow band output to my sensors signal (yes, I know mine is a 2 wire, yours a 4 wire)...... HPT makes short work of any heater/slow responce codes you might get.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, April 22, 2007 6:13 AM
i thought i read somewhere that the stock o2 reads 0-1.25v, not 0-1v?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Sunday, April 22, 2007 2:07 PM
All Gm 4 wire 02s are the same pretty much, I figured it out, I did use the ground to hook the wideband controller and it works, I have to confirm by driving the car and reading the mv in HP tuners

Id rather have it work properly than just turn off codes in Hp tuners

Sunday, April 22, 2007 7:18 PM
that ground wire goes to the body of the o2 sensor, which is tightly threaded into your exhaust. so you are in reality grounding your wide band to the exhaust, which should give you plenty ample ground to run your wideband
Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:56 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:Id rather have it work properly than just turn off codes in Hp tuners

?

How is it working properly, if your using resistors to trick it? I dont get it? All the ECM needs to see is the signal, which PLX provides..... the rest is just used to either heat the sensor (which the PLX setup does for its own sensor, and your wiring in a resistor to similate, when one click of the mouse can turn it off with HPT), or to moniter the sensors condition, which your tricking. In the 1 wire setup, the ground is the exhaust. In the 2/4 wire, the ECM provides a ground so that it can monitor the sensors responce time.

So again, I dont get it? Seems like your doing work you could take care of with a few clicks of a mouse..... Now in Pre-HPT days, this would be pretty good to have..... kinda like the VSS Switch I know, I know..... not everyone has HPT, but they should

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, April 23, 2007 3:13 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote: I know, I know..... not everyone has HPT, but they should

x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Monday, April 23, 2007 5:53 PM
well it didnt work anyway, the wideband controller isnt putting out the narrowband signal properly so I'll just have to do what i did before and have a seperate bung added

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search