Installing CAI 2.4L? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Installing CAI 2.4L?
Thursday, April 19, 2007 8:51 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know where to find instructions on how to install a cold-air intake on a z-24 2001 cavalier? I just purchased one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200096565271&rd=1&rd=1

I tried searching the www.jbody.org site and I couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance,

Gabriel

Re: Installing CAI 2.4L?
Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:36 AM
from the pic thats a short ram, other wise known as a warm air intake.

anyway, click here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:37 AM

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:41 AM
It is EASY. The hardest thing is removing the plastic air box. Also it is NOT a CAI. More of a WAI if anything, but anyway. I removed the battery just to make it easier to get the air box out. Also inside the bumper is an air bong. Some leave it, some take it out. To get at it, you must take out the driver side wheel well plastic. Also make sure not to damage the sensor in the s-tube, because this will be going back into the new intake. The large black cover comes off with two screws mounted on top of the motor, and a clamp that holds it to the TB. It is fairly straight forward. If you have any problems feel free to ask.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:49 AM
the bong part is a BIOTCH to get out sometimes, so just be patient, make sure u get all the lil clips and screws out, cuz there are some you cant see very well.

yup and as far as the intake goes, i garentee you that once you have it in your hands you'll know what to do. its a very easy install.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 12:18 PM
i put my intake in within 20 min like z yaa said ull know what to do its just going to be put back to where the air box setup was.
Friday, April 20, 2007 4:38 PM
-MD- LD9 wrote:It is EASY. The hardest thing is removing the plastic air box. Also it is NOT a CAI. More of a WAI if anything, but anyway. I removed the battery just to make it easier to get the air box out. Also inside the bumper is an air bong. Some leave it, some take it out. To get at it, you must take out the driver side wheel well plastic. Also make sure not to damage the sensor in the s-tube, because this will be going back into the new intake. The large black cover comes off with two screws mounted on top of the motor, and a clamp that holds it to the TB. It is fairly straight forward. If you have any problems feel free to ask.

Hey MD-LD9,

I tried installing the intake and it didn't work out. This is mainly because the 90 degree elbow that connects the throttle body to the intake pipe was too small. The innter diameter of the elbow was a little over 2.5 while the outer diameter of the intake pipe is 2.75. Do you know the diameter of the throttle body so I can ask the guy on ebay to resend me an elbow? The elbow didn't fit on the throttle body either.

A question for you ... To remove the IAT sensor (the part stuck on the s-tube) do i rip it out or is there a special way to remove it? I don't want to damage it.

Thank you,
Friday, April 20, 2007 4:41 PM
Gabriel Leblanc wrote:A question for you ... To remove the IAT sensor (the part stuck on the s-tube) do i rip it out or is there a special way to remove it? I don't want to damage it.

Thank you,

Pull while twisting and turning. Its a tight fit, but wiggle/twist while you pull on it and it'll come loose.
Sunday, April 22, 2007 6:46 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know what the inner diameter of the elbow that goes on the throttle body should be for a 2.4 2001 cavalier? Is it 2.75"?

Thanks!
Sunday, April 22, 2007 7:45 AM
Yes...2.75" is correct

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search