TTR upper mount... what AC bracket are you guys using? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TTR upper mount... what AC bracket are you guys using?
Thursday, April 19, 2007 6:46 AM
hey guys, im having trouble finding an upper AC line bracket to use with that little hole in the top of the TTR upper mount...

i contacted aaron and he said they only designed it to basically just be zip-tied on, he did tell me a hardware store would be a good bet to find something, but i couldnt find anything save for a custom aluminum strap of some kind-which i dont really want to do...

now, when i was tearing a 2.4 outta a 2000 alero, i saw what i thought at the time looked like the perfect solution, it was a nice lil bracket, had like a lil circle on one side and tabs on the other with a nice little rubber edge deal wrapped around it-and was being used to hold up an ac line... i thought it would work rather nicely, BUT.... its far to small, it doesnt reach the TTR hole-not even close and the 'circle' is to small-the alero line must have been larger in diameter.

i went down to GM and sat down with one of the guys for awhile searching for a bigger lil clip deal on different cars etc, but we were unsuccessfull in finding one

now, i know of only ONE person thats done it the way id like to, and thats DARKSTARS, i tried PMing him to find out what bracket he used, but no reply, it looks EXACTLY like the alero one, only a lil bigger. with his permission i'll post up the pic of it on his car, or you can do it man... whatever works.

its not really a matter of life or death here, i mean the AC line doesnt move at all-with or without a bracket, i just think that hole on the top of the TTR mount looks gaudy when unused, makes it look un-finished, and i absolutly HATE that.

thanks guys!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, April 19, 2007 6:51 AM

Re: TTR upper mount... what AC bracket are you guys using?
Thursday, April 19, 2007 7:43 AM
hmmm, ive been looking over ecotec's engine bay pics, and i see they all have the same one darkstars is using....

we tried looking at this one at the dealership, but the guy said it was attached to the line.... any truth to that?

ugh... ok, i just called the dealer AGAIN, and he said you gotta buy the entire upper ac line to get that lil freaking bracket!!!!! GAY!!!

anybody wanna sell me there bracket, maybe someone that deleted their ac, or doesnt care..??? please!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, April 19, 2007 7:55 AM

Thursday, April 19, 2007 8:24 AM
i got mine from a eco at the wrecking yard

Thursday, April 19, 2007 9:47 AM
SOLVED! got one off a ford fusion, same exact bracket, only its silver not gold.

Thursday, April 19, 2007 7:42 PM
I was going to post up some nice brackets I found...... basicly a hold down clamp for 1/2" steel conduit...... but for now I'm using a nice blue zip tie

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, April 20, 2007 2:51 AM
I used the sotkc bracket, just grabbed a nut/bolt combo from the can o' nuts n' bolts on the work bench, lol.

Saturday, April 21, 2007 4:58 PM
I just pulled the entire a/c system...problem solved! lol

Saturday, April 21, 2007 5:05 PM
ziptied on? glad its a quality product :rolls eyes

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search