am i a HO? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
am i a HO?
Friday, March 30, 2007 9:59 PM
ok, my fu(#ing data cable for my camera has gone missing, so all i have is a part number. 24570433 on the back of the manifold i just picked up from the junkyard. i have the sneeking suspision that it is a LO mani. i took it off of a 92 SOHC Grand Am. at this junker i found dozens of calais' and achevia's and grand am's but the just of them had 3300's or 3800 in them. i would like to take the manifold back today so a quick response would be awesome as they close at 2:00PM and right now it's 1:55 in the morning on my comp. anyone with a list of HO and LO casting numbers, that would be awesome. urweak i'm hopin you read this man, i read your guide on quad4forums but i'm still just not too sure about this mani as i've never seen a HO up close so i don't really have anything to compare the one i purchased to. thanks in advance you guys..

Re: am i a HO?
Saturday, March 31, 2007 5:42 AM
SOHC then no
Saturday, March 31, 2007 5:55 AM
hes right..its not..why would you think that a "SOHC" would be an HO? ( not being mean) just take it back to them and tell them to give you what you paid for....and while your there dont brake apart the poor quad GET THE WHOLE ENGINE

Saturday, March 31, 2007 6:54 AM
i just wasn't sure cuz i was reading that people were finding HO parts on LO SOHC cars, unless i just misunderstood what they said. That some cars were mix matched. But thanks for the heads up you guys.

Saturday, March 31, 2007 7:45 AM
yes... u are a HO. hahaha

Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:20 AM
Lo's and SOHC are 2 different engines. Yes you can find an Ho manifold on the Lo but I don't think so on trhe SOHC. Never heard of it.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:56 AM
Thrice . wrote:i just wasn't sure cuz i was reading that people were finding HO parts on LO SOHC cars, unless i just misunderstood what they said. That some cars were mix matched. But thanks for the heads up you guys.

LO DOHC and HO DOHC not LO SOHC
Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:14 PM
k, thanks guys. i don't know too much about the HO's and LO's that's the only reason i asked. weird thing is while i was at the junkers i found a 96 sunfireGT with a LO manifold on it, and it looked factory it didn't look like it was just added on.

Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:28 PM
ok i just found on e-bay someone trying to pawn off a LO manifold as a HO clicky

Sunday, April 01, 2007 9:52 AM
you are unlikely to find an HO manifold on an LO or SOHC engine.

The only common thing to find that was HO on an LO is the 086 head because they were used for standard service parts when any head cracked.

Everything else was mostly always reused and stayed LO.

sig not found
Sunday, April 01, 2007 11:35 AM
Thrice . wrote:ok i just found on e-bay someone trying to pawn off a LO manifold as a HO clicky

sent that guy a msg and he replied with 'NO ITS AN HO THE NUMBERS MATCH'

what a fool...

Sunday, April 01, 2007 2:35 PM
Mr. Dirtbag wrote:
Thrice . wrote:ok i just found on e-bay someone trying to pawn off a LO manifold as a HO clicky

what a fool...

i would tell him to show the numbers

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, April 01, 2007 4:13 PM
The DOHC LO mani gives fantastic gains. A thread posted up awhile ago shower it and an HO TB doing a 11+whp difference over the stock plastic manifold and TB.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Sunday, April 01, 2007 4:28 PM
yeas that deff no HO on ebay, i saw that this morning and thought hahahah. they give gains too tho but not like the ho.
Sunday, April 01, 2007 7:25 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:
Mr. Dirtbag wrote:

what a fool...

i would tell him to show the numbers

I dont have my messages, but here are his responses

T_S_F: NO ITS AN HO THE NUMBERS MATCH

T_S_F: dont like dont bid on it and when i bought it the guy at the junkyard told me it was a ho manifold so there fore i dont liked be called a lier thank you

T_S_F: this is what they said and they work with this stuff all day so trust them u just want me two lower the price

I even sent him this picture:

and the picture of the HO manifold swap on my car

man some people are mis-informed, guess the truth hurts...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search