I want more power.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I want more power....
Thursday, March 29, 2007 8:45 PM
I know I could get a cold air intake and full exhaust, the exhaust I'm not worried about, its the cold air intake, I have a 2002 cavalier with the 2.2 Liter NON ecotec!! Are there cold air intakes for that motor? by AEM or K&N, or any company for that matter. I don't want an intake that sits where my stock airbox does, I want a cold air one that goes into the wheel well. Can anyone help me? I just want to to do the air intake and exhaust for starters.

Re: I want more power....
Thursday, March 29, 2007 8:54 PM
whatever it is you can find it on ebay
Thursday, March 29, 2007 8:57 PM
find one on ebay. they are all the same

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, March 29, 2007 9:58 PM
ebay. it's what's for dinner.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, March 30, 2007 11:25 AM
ebay filters suck for those ebay intakes you can get one but put a good universal k&n filter cone on it. Also with a cold air intake there are risks involved, such as hydrolock for when the filter sucks up water. Think about buying a AEM bypass valve and splicing it into the intake pipe for your engines safety
Friday, March 30, 2007 11:36 AM
Ebay for sure and just dont run in to any free standing water!!

Friday, March 30, 2007 11:39 AM
Unless you go fishing with your car, the bypass is a waste of money. It needs ALOT of water to hydrolock and engine. Not the usual pot hole. It's more like diving in a lake.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Friday, March 30, 2007 11:43 AM
wow you really dont know what ur talking about do u?
Friday, March 30, 2007 11:45 AM
Friday, March 30, 2007 11:57 AM
I am pretty sure Induction Dynamics makes on for the 2200, I know they make one for the Eco and the 2.4. check their site http://www.induction-dynamics.com...I have one on my car, I love it, K&N filter, and all, ceramic coated, looks great. HOWEVER, it was $330, and now when I look back on it, it was NOT worth it. I am wishing I had of bought a cheap $30 intake off ebay, and put a K&N filter on it.

Friday, March 30, 2007 12:25 PM
frew that was a nice write-up you found. definatly interesting to see that even when the nsx hit vtec the water still didnt go any further up the pipe alowing it to get into the engine. chad if your gonna go with a cold air. definatly do that bypass valve save your motor and only spend a few extra bucks

Friday, March 30, 2007 12:33 PM
i've ran a cone K&N filter in my off roader for years, if you keep it oiled with the K&N oil you shouldn't have any problems (but it can happen). I have only sucked water in twice and it was 4' deep. No hydrolock, just needed the fluids changed 4 times.

Friday, March 30, 2007 12:48 PM
frew wrote:http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0104scc_aem_air_bypass_valve/index.html

The best part about this is that they did it in an NSX. If you are dumb enough to take that kind of vehicle out after/while it was pouring and flooding, you deserve to hydrolock your motor.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Friday, March 30, 2007 6:38 PM
HAHAHA I don't know what I'm talking about. Yeah right. That's just like saying Protomec don't know how to build engine.

Go on Frew and pay alot of money for a freakin piece of pipe that only make sound. Sorry but if you are dumb enough to think that you need the bypass, I'll laugh at you all the time. Give me any link you want on the web. A link on the web is about as good as a politician promess.

I can build a site saying that maximumboost.com has the best turbo kit and people would believe it.

Like I said before, if you are dumb enough to drive in water over your filter, you are too dumb to drive your car.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Friday, March 30, 2007 9:02 PM
well i guess you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink folks.
Saturday, March 31, 2007 3:56 AM
Ok try to think for 2 second stupid noob. The STOCK air intake take it's air where? In the fender. Do we have a stock bypass valve? No. Then we should all get one before we ALL hydrolock our engine when it's raining.

God I hate stupid noob. Following your dumb@ way of thinking, everybody with an intake in the fender will hydrolock.

It"s a waste of money unless you want to run your car in more than 6" of water witch would be stupid of you.

Before you TRY telling me that I don"t klnow sh**, start by learning who you are talking too and know what YOU are talking about. Since you are too stupid to understand, I"ll let you go with your stupidity and laugh at you with the dumb replys you're going to come out with and the replied I was in some post that were pretty much out of your @.

For the OP, Ebay intake, KN filter and forget about the rest. If you want to spend 20$ for a bypass, go for it but you could put that money to better use.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Saturday, March 31, 2007 7:26 AM
just to throw my opinion in the topic. I have a k&n filter,stock intake system and a full aftermarket exhaust, runs fine for me
Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:48 AM
I like your opinion alex, I have a K&N filter, stock intake and a V force muffler but eventually this summer I'm hoping to get a full cat back exhaust so I'll try that setup and see how I like it. Thanks for everyone's input.
Saturday, March 31, 2007 11:49 AM
we build performance engines, if interested.
Saturday, March 31, 2007 4:56 PM
I don't have money to have a performance engine built
Saturday, March 31, 2007 7:08 PM
RDfabs makes really nice cold air intakes for the 2.2L

Monday, April 02, 2007 11:02 AM
yea from the interfender not by the wheel and it goes through a bunch of piping that acts like a catch much like under a sink. And did you even read the article? if it rains hard enough your intake can suck up watch meaning that you dont even have to drive through water. And that you only need a small amount of water for hydrolock as little as 5 percent of 2.0 liters for a 2.0 liter motor. See im tryin to help the people on these forums by giving them useful information all you want to do is get in fights about @!#$ you apparently know nothing about.
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 9:34 AM
as said above induction dynamics makes a nice set-up. however, i know 2 people who have hydrolocked thier 2200's with it, so cutting it for an AEM bypass valve is highly reccomended, unless your in a very dry area.

as far as the stock intake goes, that mass of pipe and chambers in the fender before the airbox is designed to cause the engine to stall before it gets a chance to ingest the water and hydrolock.
it also acts as a resonator to reduce intake noise. as ugly and restrictive as it is, its a very well engineered for what it was intended to do.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:46 PM
Thank you so much for the backup i heart you ronin j
Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:05 AM
frew and roninj are right. have you ever torn one of those stock air boxes apart. there is so many chambers in there it cant get water to the air filter. the bypass valve is a GREAT investment if you want to save your motor and run a cai.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search