I need a procharger..... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need a procharger.....
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:32 AM
Does anyone know who makes a procharger kit for a 2004 cavalier? Thanks

Re: I need a procharger.....
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 7:59 AM
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:01 AM
GM's your best bet.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:14 AM
^^ and at that point, i'd bet you'd be paying 2x what the car is worth.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:27 AM
^^ your wrong. Do some research. GM makes the supercharger and costs roughly 2400-2600 depending on where you go. I know my car is worth well over 7-8k.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:42 AM
sscavalier wrote:^^ your wrong. Do some research. GM makes the supercharger and costs roughly 2400-2600 depending on where you go. I know my car is worth well over 7-8k.

GM's charger is a roots blower. RSM is the only company that made a kit for a centrifugal supercharger on a J-body and I don't think they made one for the ECO. There is another company that did one for the Delta Platform, and they were supposed to test fit it in a J-body, but I don't know whatever became of that. They ran it off the belt instead of the intake cam...which is how it should be. RSM had too many problems with oil leaks. The thread about that other company is somewhere on here, I just don't feel like looking for it for you. Search.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:43 AM
Dino Avgeris wrote:Does anyone know who makes a procharger kit for a 2004 cavalier? Thanks

ATI makes ProCharger kits, because well ATI owns ProCharger. GM does handle a supercharger kit for the J-car, but it's not a centrifugal supercharger design like the ProChargers or Vortechs. It's a roots type blower.

PUSHROD SQUAD 2200 OHV. 462 hp / 396 tq *RIP*
Abe Froman Video Productions on Myspace (click here)

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 8:57 AM
sscavalier wrote:^^ your wrong. Do some research. GM makes the supercharger and costs roughly 2400-2600 depending on where you go. I know my car is worth well over 7-8k.

mebbe you need the research as to what the difference between the gm charger kit and a procharger like the OP is asking.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:19 AM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:

mebbe you need the research as to what the difference between the gm charger kit and a procharger like the OP is asking.

Or "mebbe"(sic) you need to consider the fact that he could have been using "Procharger" as a generic branding term for "supercharger", how "Kleenex" is akin to "facial tissue".

1989 Z24 Convertible - Dust Covered
2006 tC - Dust Covered, but driven more
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 9:45 AM
if thats the case, so be it. but, usually, when someone asks for a procharger specifically, they mean a centrifugal type supercharger as opposed to a roots type blower.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:32 AM
boost forum you freakin noob

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:13 AM
I think some people here need to get laid.

Built, bottled, ready for 11s. 14.446@93.74mph, 1.848 60' N/A.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 1:33 PM
I get laid enough just need to make my car fast. thanks guys
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 2:07 PM
In order to use a Procharger you will have to get a fabricator to make you mounting brackets and the idler assembly, it can be done but it will be more expensive because the faricator will have to engineer everything.

2000 Z24 5spd header & catback for now.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007 2:46 PM
your hand doesnt count since your blind and can not see the boost fourm to your left and 2 down from performance

its there for a reason FREAKING USE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007 2:58 PM
I've been talking to a guy who builds custom Pro charger kits for the Ions. Contact him at speedmafia.com. Maybe will someone else wanting one he will get on this

Friday, March 30, 2007 2:58 PM
enough said....
Saturday, March 31, 2007 9:02 AM
Brian Whalen wrote:
sscavalier wrote:RSM is the only company that made a kit for a centrifugal supercharger on a J-body and I don't think they made one for the ECO

yes they did
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search